Saturday, September 6, 2014

12 Months!

Quinn turned 12 months old on her birthday (obviously), August 31! 
We cannot believe we have a one year old! We're knee deep in toddler craziness over here, and I'm sure it will only get crazier once she starts walking! That's okay with me. While I don't love cleaning up 4000 messes per day, I'm getting used to letting go a bit, and I do love watching Quinn learn and grow! It totally makes up for any messiness. 



Weight: Quinn seems to have leveled out a bit in the weight department. She still weighs just under 20 lbs. (19 lbs. 14 oz, according to our scale at home), and is still wearing the same sizes as both last month and the month before. I switched her to size 4 diapers, even though she's still under the weight limit, because size 3's were starting to leak a little at night. Quinn's about 29 in. long, so I think she's getting taller. She has her 12 mo. checkup next week, so I will know her official weight and height then :)




Sleep: Quinn's sleep has regressed a little bit. She has been waking up crying in the middle of the night. In the past, when she's done this, she would just find her paci and she'd be okay, but nowadays one of us usually has to go in and cuddle her to make her stop crying. It doesn't help that she a small cold right now. Naps at home were going well for a few days, but as I type this, she is supposed to be napping and I can hear her playing in her crib. She naps great any where else though. 





Food: Quinn's eating seems to be slowing down a bit (which is okay, because I thought she was going to explode with how much she was eating last month!). She still likes basically all foods, but has been eating just a little less. She may have been going through a growth spurt or something. We're basically done with formula (hallelujah!!!) and bottles now, which I'm loving. We're giving Quinn whole milk only at meal times, and none at bedtime now. She doesn't seem to mind not getting a bottle before bed anymore.





Likes: Quinn still loves to stand. She loves walking with her walker, although she's not taking steps on her own yet. She still loves to wave and play with other babies. Her new favorite things are standing at the dog food dish and splashing in Chevy's water. She tries to eat his food also, and I have found her with a piece of it in her mouth on multiple occasions. Quinn mostly regular crawls now, although she still resorts to the army crawl if she wants to get somewhere real fast. I think her dream right now would be to have her own working smartphone, because she is constantly stealing everyone else's. If there is a cellphone in the room, she is grabbing for it. Baby "smartphones" are just not the same either, it has to be a real one. 





Dislikes: Quinn hates being on her changing table lately. She does not like having her diaper changed and she does not like getting lotion put on after her bath. She also does not like when I turn the TV off. I sometimes let her watch one show on TV in the mornings (she watches for about three minutes, then her attention span is up) so I can get a few things done, and when I go to turn off the TV, she always points to it and whines. 


Health: Quinn has been pretty healthy since her bout of Hand Foot and Mouth a while ago. She did have a little cold this week, just a stuffy nose and small cough, but other than that, she is very healthy :)


Social: Quinn still loves everyone, but recently, when she is upset, she has been really clingy to me. She has started to say "MaMa" finally, but mostly only when she's crying! She still does great when other people babysit her and all, so we're happy about that!

So anyway, I probably won't do the monthly updates anymore, but maybe I'll do one every three months.. maybe not, I just don't know! 

Can't believe our girl is one! We now have a little toddler, and we're so excited for this next phase of her life! 













No comments:

Post a Comment