Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Quinn's Actual Birthday & Our Weekend

I never posted these pics from Quinn's actual birthday (August 31). It was a very low-key day compared with the huge party the day before. She opened her present from Rick and I in the morning, and then we headed to the cottage and just hung out all day. 


Digging in to her cupcake 

Sharing with Mommy


Birthday Selfie!

This past weekend (on Sunday), we took Quinn to the zoo for the second time! The first time I brought her there was on Kid's Day, where admission was only a dollar, but it was so insanely busy that we only saw three animals, and it took 2 hours. This time, it was not crowded at all, and we got to see all of the animals! 


Yee-haw!

Experiencing the Petting Zoo



Yep, that's my child petting the goat and then putting her hand in her mouth... nasty! We definitely did some extreme sanitizing after that.

The monkeys were eating bugs off of each other... Quinn loved it.

Penguins



Quinn's favorite part of the whole zoo... the huge fish tank. She was shrieking with joy when the fishies would swim past her!




After our fun time at the zoo, we drove out to Holland to do a little eating and shopping. We went to New Holland Brewery for lunch. 

We're learning that going out to eat with a busy one-year-old is a little rough. 

After lunch, we explored downtown Holland a bit. Sadly, half of the stores were closed. 

We did find a cute little children's store to look around in. It was insanely overpriced, but very cute. Quinn found a miniature shopping cart and decided to do some shopping of her own.


This week is proving to be tough for me, and it's only Tuesday... Quinn has had the worst runny nose for over a week now. She also has 3 or 4 teeth poking through at once, and I can feel even more under her gums! So, I'm trying to be sympathetic to my little one, whose whining is out of control, but at the same time, I'm feeling like I might just lose my mind. So, I hope those little teeth grow in quickly, for both of our sakes!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment