Wednesday, July 30, 2014

11 Months!

Okay, I'm not going to talk about how I can't believe our little baby is already 11 months old, because she's growing up whether I like it or not. 

In fact, little miss Quinn is learning new things and becoming less of a "baby" everyday!

Weight: According to my scale at home, Quinn weighs about 20 lbs. I don't know how true that is though, considering how we took her to the doctor's two weeks ago (because of sickness... I'll get into that later...) and she was still 18 lb. 14 oz, the same weight as she was at her 9 month checkup. Anyway, she is still wearing the same sizes as last month. She fits in a few 18 month things, but most are too big, which stinks b/c I have a few summer outfits in that size, and I don't know if she'll ever get to wear them! She is still in size 3 diapers.


Sleep: Quinn still sleeps 12-14 hours at night. She usually takes two naps, but they have been getting a little shorter and she has been staying a lot happier throughout the day, so I think it's almost time to transition into one long nap instead.

j

Food: This girl loves ALL food. The foods she used to spit out (avocados, for instance), she now loves. So, we have yet to find something she doesn't like. She basically eats just as much as I do, and literally ate half of my meal the other night when we went out to eat. Since Quinn was 6 months old, we've had her drink water out of a sippy cup, but on a whim this month, I bought a straw cup for her to try. She loves it! I've even started putting her morning bottle of formula into the straw cup, and she sucks it right down. So I guess we're starting the transition from bottles to cups. 


Likes: Oh man, Quinn likes to many things to list, but here's a few favorites: She likes to stand, to pull up on things (especially mommy and daddy if we're sitting on the floor), crawling- still the army/belly crawl, looking out the window/screen door, playing with other babies, singing, dancing, playing "fetch", swinging in her swing, going for walks/runs in her stroller, WAVING to everyone, eating and swimming.


Dislikes: Quinn now does this annoyed squeal when she does not want to do something or can't have something. She mostly does this when she is tired or hungry. She doesn't like being told "no" and will sometimes have a melt-down if we tell her not to touch/do something. She hits things away if she doesn't want them, including our faces if she is mad. Of course, she still greatly dislikes when she can't have our cellphones... this is usually the main source of a melt-down, so we have been hiding them a lot lately. 


Health: Quinn had Hand Foot & Mouth Disease two weeks ago. We're not sure where she got it from, but it is going around like crazy! She had a fever of 102 degrees for four days and blisters in the back of her poor throat. She vomited (all over me... yum) the first day, and then would hardly eat, so we took her to the doctor and he couldn't figure out what was wrong, because she had no spots or anything. A day later, she was still feverish and not eating, so we brought her back and she had developed big blisters in her mouth. No wonder she wasn't eating! She is not usually cuddly, and all she wanted to do was to be snuggled. It was so sad! We're thankful that she didn't get the rash all over her body though! 


Social: Quinn still has no separation anxiety, which I'm thankful for! She loves going to the church nursery on Sundays and they always tell us how happy she is. She will pretty much let anyone hold her and reach out her arms toward them if they reach out to her. She still loves other babies and kids, and will shriek with joy even when she sees a kid riding their bike past our house. I just love this stage, because she is the sweetest thing! She's started giving us and her stuffed animals hugs, and it is so cute, it brings tears to my eyes! 


It is hard to believe that she's almost been in our lives for a year! Although we're sad she is growing up so fast, we're looking forward to her birthday and getting to do more fun things with her as a toddler! 


We love our sweet 11 Month Old!! She brings us so much joy each and every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment