Saturday, May 30, 2015

Springtime

We have been enjoying spring time lately and spending a lot of time as a family of three before our new little girl joins us in September. 
Mother's Day... someone did not want to smile for a picture!


Open Swim at the middle school pool. Quinn is fearless and wanted to jump right in the water before Rick or I were even in. Crazy girl loves to "fwim"!

Such a somber swinger, but I just love those pig tails. 


This was the last "bump" picture I've taken and it was almost a month ago! I will be 26 weeks on Tuesday. So I guess I need to look presentable enough to take a new picture of myself... Anyway, baby is just kicking away and doing all sorts of crazy gymnastics moves in there (mostly when I'm trying to fall asleep!). We are getting so excited to meet her, yet nervous to have two little ones! Quinn is really into feeding her baby doll all of a sudden, and points out every baby wherever we go, so I think we may have a little helper on our hands, and I just can't wait to see the two of them together. Oh, and no, baby girl does not have a name yet, much to my dismay! 

We've been doing a lot of "fwimmin" in the kiddy pool on our deck now that we've had some nicer weather lately. Rick has been filling a huge bucket with warm water and making it into a hot tub for Quinn. Is there anything cuter than a toddler in a swimsuit?

Discovering the hose


Cottage pool time! 

We forced Quinn to ride the Sea Doo (very slowly) a few weekends ago. She did not want to sit on it, but once we got going she kind of liked it. 

We also bought a (used) swing set! Quinn LOVES it, and we have since spruced it up with a few new swings, a steering wheel, and a telescope! Every day she looks out the window and wants to go outside to her "paak" (park).


How cute is this picture of her with her Papa?



These two are the sweetest together.



Quinn loves to go on boat rides! She even likes putting on her lifejacket this year (this picture was taken while the boat was on the lift, just fyi) and will sit and "dive it" the whole time. 

Just relaxing and watching a show. She'll be 21 months old tomorrow. I can't believe how smart she is. She understands so much and even talks in sentences now. She's also very strong-willed and likes to test our patience every now and then, but I guess that's to be expected from an almost-two-year-old! She loves Chevy, pets him all the time, and tells him "a mownin Chevy" (good morning, Chevy) every day when she wakes up. He ignores her for the most part, but gets a little protective of her from time to time. For example, she was climbing up to a bigger slide at the park and he was just whining and staring up at her all concerned. He's a good dog.

These three. 



1 comment: