Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What We've Been Up To & Quinn at 18 Months

I have been MIA for a long time! 

Our Christmas was wonderful (seems like it was so long ago!).
We did a canvas painting class as a gift for my MIL two days before Christmas. Surprisingly (at least for me... I don't have an artistic bone in my body!) our pictures turned out really good! It was really fun, I'd definitely do it again!

Quinn got her first car for Christmas and loves getting in and out of it. 

Christmas Day at my parents'

I got together with these beautiful ladies for breakfast one morning. It had been years since we'd all been together at the same time! I loved talking with them :)


Quinn was not so sure of the snow... she sure loved sledding though. The poor girl was cooped up inside for months, it was WAY too cold for her to go outside this winter, especially in February. We had record low temps, it was horrible!!

Quinn had a BIG surprise on Valentine's Day!! 


We're having another baby!!! At first we were a little bit shocked, but now we are so excited! I'm 15 weeks along, and baby's due date is Sept 8 (one week after Quinn turns 2!). It's gonna be crazy with a toddler and a newborn, but I'm so excited to give Quinn a sibling close in age. We find out if it's a boy or girl next month! This pregnancy has been a lot like my first. I was nauseated and exhausted all day every day from about week 4 to week 10. Thankfully, I never got physically sick like I did last time, except when Quinn and I had the stomach flu right in the beginning (that was fun...). I feel great now, and I finally have energy back most days! I've felt the baby "flutter" a few times. Definitely cool to feel the first movements all over again!

15 weeks! I can hardly believe I'm already 4 months along... this pregnancy is FLYING by. 

I actually started a new job a month ago at Pine Rest (same place/dept as my old job!) as a medical coder! So I'm working 20 hours a week now, and it's been really good, we're happy to have a bit more money to use for any future trips/future home/future mini-van (haha!). I get to work from home now that my training is done too, so that's SUPER convenient! Quinn is loving spending time with her Grandma and going to daycare once a week too! 

Speaking of Quinn... 
Our girl is 18 months old now!! A year and a half! We had her 18 month well-baby checkup today. She weighs 22 lbs (only 20th percentile) and is 31 in. tall (25th percentile), so she is a petite lil thing. She may be little, but she has a HUGE personality!

She says soo many words now, I can't even keep track. She is starting to say 2 or 3 word sentences now too! Her most recent "I hold it" when she wants to hold on to something, and "I hold you" when she wants me to pick her up. She just amazes us every day with how stinkin' smart she is!


She still loves the movie "Frozen" (or "Anna" as she calls it), and also LOVES the show "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". She knows all of the characters' names and points them out other places too, like if she sees Mickey somewhere in a store or something. I feel guilty, but during my first trimester, Quinn spent a lot of time in front of the TV while I laid on the couch... Now that I'm feeling better, we've been doing a lot of other things! 


Quinn has such a big appetite! She loves noodles, corn, basically all fruit, and will now remind us constantly that she wants to eat (even after she's just eaten...) by saying "I HUNGIE!" It's hilarious. She also says "I SI-YI" (silly) and "I POOP!" when she goes #2 or breaks wind. We laugh so hard.


Quinn used to be a mommy's girl, but now she is just crazy about her daddy! She goes nuts every day when he gets home from work. She just started saying "Daddy" instead of "Da-Da" and "Gamma" instead of "Ga-Ga" for Grandma. I'm still "Momma". 

Giving Daddy a kiss

Reading books with Papa (and first pigtails!)

I mentioned that Quinn likes to talk non-stop, and I think it has a lot to do with how much she loves books. She gets so excited to read and it makes my heart happy (makes me wish I made more time to read books myself!). We brought home some library books last week and have been reading them like crazy. She is a sponge and will repeat words you read to her, or words you say... 
Funny story about her repeating things... The other day we were at my parents' house and Chevy started barking really loud. Well, Quinn looked at him and told him what sounded a lot like "shut up", which may or may not be something I occasionally say to him when he barks. Oops. The word police are officially on duty at our house.


Story time at the library


Quinn is obsessed with "dips". She loves condiments. In this picture, she's dipping carrots in hummus. More like licking hummus off of carrots over and over again. Today, she was eating fingerfuls of salsa, instead of dipping her chip and ketchup, instead of dipping her burger. Gross.

We love having two parks right down our street!

Quinn's way of using a stool

Bedhead!

I could go on and on about Quinn, but I won't. We just love her so much! Every day she does a new "cutest thing ever". It's crazy to think that we will soon have another kiddo to love on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment