Our little Quinn is quickly becoming an independent girl who loves to run, talk, dance, play & read. I say this about every age, but this has to be my favorite age so far! She turned 15 months today, and she is super busy, but oh so cute. She talks non-stop, and I mostly don't know what she is saying, but she says a lot of words clear as day. She will repeat words we say to her too. Some words she likes to say are:
Cack-ka (Cracker)
Hook (Book)
Ock (Rock- while rocking her baby dolls)
Cap (Clap)
Donce (Dance)
Hak Goo (Let's Go, or Let it Go)
I'm blanking on other words she says, but funny story... She says "wah-tou, wah-tou" all the time, and I didn't know what she was saying until today, when she brought me her empty water cup and said it. The poor girl is just thirsty, lol! (Disclaimer: I always have a water cup readily avaliable for her, I promise!)
We had a busy end of October/November. I have been studying for my RHIA certification exam (yes, I realize most people have no clue what that stands for... Registered Health Information Administrator, lol.) and in the middle of studying for that we've done a ton of house renovations. We repainted the kitchen, installed new cabinet doors, painted our living room, replaced 3 windows, and hung up more decorations than I can count. I also went on a little vacation to Florida for a week with my mom and aunts, which was awesome. Besides that, we've been chasing around a crazy lil' toddler, which is super fun, yet exhausting.
Here comes the photo dump:
Boo at the Zoo with Caleb & Micah (& their mommies, of course)
Pumpkin Carving
Olaf
Tinkerbell (it's amazing what power tools can do to pumpkins!)
Halloween 2014
Cat & Mouse
Monkey & Mouse
Random cute grocery shopping picture... Quinn loves Hermey from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Florida was so awesome. Our daily routine was to wake up, go to the pool for just two hours (since laying out in the sun is boring!), go shopping, eat, drink, shop some more, relax. I was so glad I went, it was a good break from mommy-ing. So thankful to my husband and mother-in-law for letting me go and mostly for taking care of my baby :)
Aunt Nancy and I
My view from the pool
Shopping Break
Eating & Drinking
More eating and drinking
I came home from Florida to the November Snowpocalypse. We got close to 30 inches of snow in about a week.


We took Quinn outside for about 10 minutes (it was freezing) one day.
She kind of whined when she touched the snow... not sure if she loves it.
I don't love it either.
Quinn sat still long enough for me to put her hair in a ponytail :)
Rick and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on Nov. 20th. We went out to dinner that night and had our "anniversary wine" a few nights later.
The night before Thanksgiving- Rockford Pub Crawl
Thanksgiving 2014
Reading with Uncle Christopher
Checking out the Black Friday Ads with Grandma
Decorating cookies with Anna and Aunt Lauren
Watching Frozen (she got up off my lap and started dancing for everyone, it was so funny!)
On Saturday, Quinn hung out all day with her cousins. She had a blast!
Quinn's first hot tub experience! (Don't worry, Grandma and Papa turn the temp down so the kids can go in)
Today, Quinn met Santa Claus! She was nervous... she's going through a "stranger danger" phase!
We got our Christmas tree at the tree farm where Santa was! It was the cutest tree farm ever! Other than having a Santa, there was also free hot cocoa, a bonfire to roast marshmellows, and affordable Christmas trees. Quinn loved it because there was Frozen music playing at the hot cocoa stand!
Is it just me, or does it look like my husband is about to cut my head off with that saw? Also, it was misting rain the whole time we were there... which is why there's raindrops in the picture... and also why my hair looks SO. BAD.
Poor Quinn took a spill the other day on the side walk... hence the scraped nose.
Tree farm fun with Aunt Ally!
Picking out her perfect tree
After a busy day today, we're all decorated for Christmas now!
Again, sorry about my lack of posting! I probably won't be posting too often in Dec. either, since it's always a super busy month for us! Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving :)





































No comments:
Post a Comment