She loves to take pieces of Chevy's food and put them into his water dish. The ones that don't go in the water, go into her mouth...
We think that Chev is starting to actually enjoy Quinn more and more. She has started playing with him and will bring him toys. She also doesn't pull on his hair as much and is learning how to "pet the doggy nicely". He's still a little concerned when she climbs up onto his back to try and get on the couch...
Yep, she may be his new favorite person.
Quinn is learning so many new things right now. The biggest thing she has learned, within the past week, is how to WALK! She took a couple steps two weekends ago at the Harvest Festival, and now she is wobbling all over the place. She still crawls (mostly because she falls over a lot when she walks, and it's much faster) but she will let go of whatever she's holding on to and will walk across the room to another piece of furniture/toy. I will bet she'll be strictly walking with no more crawling a few weeks from now.
Quinn took her first steps at the petting zoo during the Harvest Festival in Rockford on September 27.
Walking to me earlier today :)
Quinn has also started trying to repeat words, and although most is still babbling, I can actually understand some now. She says "Go, Go", "Ga Ga" (for Grandma) and "ock-ock" (for rock-rock) when she's rocking in a chair. She makes all sorts of animal noises- elephant, lion, duck, pig... She points to something if she wants it, and she will also nod her head when I ask her if she wants to do something. She is also SO funny. There are certain times of the day when she just goes crazy and will do things like face plant into a blanket or pillow on the floor and think it is the funniest thing of all time. Last night, she was shrieking with joy while jumping up and down on a chair in my parents living room. Her babbling is also hilarious. She will go on and on and move her tongue all around her mouth... it's so weird. It's like she is talking in full sentences, we just don't know what she's saying. The girl just cracks us up.
She was wobbling all over with my boot the other day...
She sat in this position for a few minutes... at first, I thought she was doing her business, but nope.
Quinn's favorite thing in the world are books. Her favorite books right now are her "Frozen" boxed-set that her Great Great Aunt Kay got her for her birthday. Whenever it's too quiet in the house, I know that she is either getting into something that she isn't supposed to, or she is reading a book. I seriously think she would rather have books than toys. Every morning after breakfast, she crawls into her room and takes every single book off of her bookshelf and looks at each one. There's probably like 35 books in there! It's kind of nice for me too, because I can get a few things done before she notices that I'm not in the room. I really hope her love for books sticks with her as she grows up.
Did I mention that Quinn is a total mama's girl? Yes, she can say "mama" now and she uses the crap out of that word- mostly when she needs something or wants me to pick her up. She has a bit of separation anxiety from me right now... For my husbands' sake, I'm really hoping she'll be okay when I go to Florida next month for a week and leave her at home with him. I'm pretty sure they'll both be fine.
Mama's shadow
Waving at the river



















No comments:
Post a Comment