Gosh, have we really had our daughter for HALF A YEAR already? I can't believe it! Countless times a day I think about how, before she was born, I had NO CLUE the amount of love I would have for such a tiny person. It is AMAZING watching her grow, and every little thing she does blows my mind, even if it's really minor! Here are a few things she's been up to this month:
Weight: She goes to the pediatrician next week, so I'll know how much she weighs and how tall she is then. She's growing out of the size 2 diapers, and we are down to our last basket full. At night, she wears size 3 diapers so she won't leak. 3-6 month clothes are getting real tight, but I still squeeze her into some :) She's mostly wearing 6 month clothes now though.
** UPDATE: Quinn went to her six month well-baby checkup today (March 11). She weighs 16 lbs 15 oz (girl has gained almost 4 pounds since her last visit!) and is in the 60th percentile for weight. Her height is 26 1/4 in. and she's in the 50th percentile for that. Her head is large, just like her momma's, and is in the 80th percentile. Everything else looks great, at six months, she is a healthy baby!!
Sleep: Quinn's still loving her sleep! 12 hours and night, and usually two 1.5 hour naps a day! She slept over at her Grandma and Grandpa's house last weekend and did great in the Pack N' Play too! We continue to be amazed and thankful for her sleeping habits!!! (We'd also like to thank the light-up/musical Seahorse that lulls her to sleep during every nap and every night! We'd be lost without you, Seahorse! *Thanks Great Grandpa and Grandma!!*)
Foods: Our girl LOVES to eat!! She has liked every food we've given her, with the exception of avocado. Her favorite is applesauce, without a doubt! She loves her oatmeal cereal every morning and fruits and veggies at night. I've been trying to introduce a new fruit or veggie every 4 days, but I need to get better at doing that! I've also been trying to make all of her fruit and veggie purees myself... in my opinion, it's healthier and costs less.
Likes: Quinn's favorite thing has got to be her bath time. She kicks her feet and splashes water everywhere. I've always rinsed the shampoo out of her hair with the shower head (just to get her used to showers too), and now I just rinse her whole body with it because she LOVES it! She laughs and laughs when I spray her with it! She learned how to roll over this month and is now rolling across the room. Occasionally, she forgets how to roll back onto her back and gets mad, but, for the most part, she seems to like rolling. She also learned that she can sit up on her own, as long as there are barriers to keep her from falling to the side. She likes sitting up and playing with her toys. She still loves to put her feet in her mouth when I'm changing her diapers. Actually, she just loves putting anything in her mouth. Quinn really loves her Grandparents. Whenever we bring her to her either of their houses, she smiles, laughs, and "talks" with them.
Dislikes: Poor Quinn did not like getting her first two teeth this month! Her front bottom teeth came in, and she was teething pretty bad for a few days! They don't seem to be bothering her anymore though. She also still doesn't like when I leave the room for a second... which makes it hard to do anything when she's awake! I usually scramble to get things done during naps, even though there are times I'd like to take a nap too!
Health: Quinn had a stuffy nose from teething this month, but that was basically it! We're thankful for such a healthy girl!
Social: Quinn is constantly making some sort of babbling noise. I love listening to her babbles and squeals- they're adorable! It seems like she wants someone paying attention to her at all times, but I don't think it matters who! She loves everyone, even random people at the grocery store. I don't think she is experiencing the separation anxiety phase quite yet. She still loves her doggie, and she's interested in Grandma and Papa's doggies too!
What a ham! I cannot wait to get her six-month professional photos taken later this month!
Happy Half Birthday Quinn!! You are Mommy and Daddy's sweet girl, and you make us feel the kind of happiness we never could have imagined!!



No comments:
Post a Comment