Monday, October 21, 2013

Parenting

I don't want to toot my own horn, but so far, I'm really proud of Rick and myself for taking to parenting so well. 

Before I was a mom, I didn't think I had a maternal bone in my body. I hated babysitting and even quit one babysitting job when I was younger, because I couldn't stand the kids! When I was in high school, I didn't even think I ever wanted to have kids. That changed though, but even when I became pregnant, I didn't know how I would be as a mom. I seriously had never even changed a diaper before Quinn, and I sure as heck didn't know how to hold a newborn in a non-awkward manner. I was scared (as I'm sure all first-time moms are!). A little more scared than I ever would admit! I didn't really believe that the maternal gene would switch right on, but let me tell you, as soon as I saw my little girl for the first time, it did! 

I probably say this too much, but the love I feel for this little person is SO MUCH GREATER than I could ever have imagined. Sure, it is hard to give up all of the "me time" or "us time" that Rick and I have been used to for the last six years that we've been together, but it is SO WORTH IT. I love being at home with her, even if I get nothing done and my house is a mess. Seeing her little face is the best thing ever!!! Oh, and I am happy to announce that I will be staying home full-time with my lil' cutsie bear! Yep, I put in my two weeks notice at my job a week ago! I'll miss my co-workers, but the drive time (usually 45 min, ugghh!) and gas to get there was not worth it any more! Plus, the cost of daycare would be my entire salary!


These days, we are attempting to create somewhat of a routine so that I have a little time for cleaning or just to sit and relax a bit. I am trying to put Quinn down in her crib for a morning and an afternoon nap, instead of just letting her nap in her swing or carseat. So far, it's going ok. I think she can sense the difference between nighttime and daytime though, because she doesn't want to be in the crib during the day! 
 Quinn is starting to smile at us a lot more! It is adorable! She is also starting to play a little bit. Thank you Aunt Lauren, for loaning us the jungle playmat! She loves it! She also loves music. I put a little iPod radio in her room and we listen to lullabies, Disney songs, Christian music or show tunes on Pandora while she eats, and she usually falls asleep right afterward.



Go Blue.

Rick's mom took our first family pictures last week. They turned out cute, even though it is so freaking hard to get a good picture with a 6-week-old who wants to put her hands in her face and an overstimulated dog. 






I love this one. Her hair is crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment