This past week was an emotional one. We found out last Thursday (April 25th) that my Great Aunt Mary Joy (Aunt Moo, as I called her) passed away after battling cancer for over a year. I realize that most people aren't close with their Great Aunts, but my Great Aunt Moo and Great Aunt Kay (her sister) are so special to me. So, on Sunday, my parents and I flew to South Carolina to attend the visitation on Monday and funeral on Tuesday. The funeral was absolutely beautiful. Aunt Moo didn't grow up in South Carolina, but in the short years that she lived there, she touched the lives of SO many people. The church was packed. It was an amazing service to remember an amazing person. After the funeral, there was a lunch in her honor, complete with live music from a band that she loved. She was definitely there in spirit partying along with us.
What a beautiful lady. It is comforting to know that she is now with the Lord in Heaven.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16
I love you, Aunt Moo. You'll always be with me, until we meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment