Thursday, May 9, 2013

Seven Years

High School Graduation... 7 years ago
Just seven years ago (feels like yesterday), I was an incredibly naive little girl just graduating High School, soo excited about going to college and experiencing "college experiences". So, I packed up my "life" and moved only one hour away to the dorm rooms at Western Michigan University. Little did I know then that college was FRIGHTENING, and I would be switching to Community College and moving back home in a few short months. BEST.DECISION.EVER. 

Since that move back home in December 2006, I:

  • Dated Rick for three years 
  • Got engaged!
  • Bought a house and fixed it up
  • Got our puppy dog
  • Got married!!
  • Earned my Associate's Degree (thinking I would never go back for my Bachelor's) 
  • Celebrated 2 years of marriage w/ Rick
  • Found out we're going to have a baby (and found out baby is a girl!!) come August!!
  • Got my Bachelor's of Science in Health Information Management!

Today, I am feeling accomplished. So what if it took me seven years to graduate college... so what if I could be a doctor by now (LOL)... At least I DID IT!

Those of you who know that I HATE school, THANK YOU for encouraging me to continue. Thank you especially to my husband who promised my parents when he married me, that he would not let me quit. He did not. In fact, if it weren't for him pushing me, I would never have gotten this far.

Celebratory College Graduation dinner... 7 years later!
Now, I am so happy to say that, instead of doing schoolwork, I can turn my focus onto this little girl in my belly, who will be here in 15(ish) short weeks! I hope she'll be proud of her momma one day.

3 comments: