Thursday, March 28, 2013

Growing and Showing-- Finally!

As of last week, this was the comment I was hearing often: "You don't even look pregnant!"

I was actually getting a little concerned that my kiddo was not growing at the rate at which it was supposed to. Even though my doctor reassured me that I probably wouldn't start showing until around 20 weeks, I disobeyed a cardinal rule of pregnancy and looked on a bunch of blogs and websites for advice on the subject. Most people were definitely showing at 17 weeks and it made me more nervous! (I realize most people don't really long to have a baby bump, but I really wanted to experience it for some reason!)

Well, it looks as if the tables have turned this week! The baby bump has popped out for sure. I officially cannot button any of my work pants, and the belly band has become my best friend!

This was 3 weeks ago...


Today (wearing same shirt)

2 Weeks Ago...

Today

(I guess you really can't notice much of a difference from the angle in the last two pics...)

Today, I put on a pair of my normal jeans (that fit fine last week) and they would not come close to buttoning. Thank goodness for Loft.com from which I quickly ordered a pair of maternity jeans!



Two weeks from today we will find out the gender of our baby!!! I am so excited to find out. This child better cooperate during the ultrasound or I will be SOOO bummed! I thought about doing some kind of gender reveal cake or something, but we are both FAR to impatient and know that we'll want to find out right away.

A cake like this would be cute though!

With all of this baby business, I've hardly talked about my Chev-ster! Poor pup is in for a rude awakening come August! He is very used to getting all of his momma's attention all of the time. I think he will be a great big brother though. Although he is not totally used to them, he seems to be very good with kids.


Apparently he did not want to wake up this morning. 

I will leave you with that cuteness. You're welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment