Friday, March 9, 2012

Long time no talkie...

Sorry I haven't been updating lately! Let me be honest... nothing too exciting has been going on around here. I had my internship 4 days this week, so I haven't felt like doing anything once I got home except sitting on the couch and watching TV. Okay, I did exercise while watching TV on Wednesday night, so I'm not a total fatty.

Last Friday (wow, it's already been a week?!), was my 24th birthday!
We celebrated on Thursday night by having a big birthday dinner at PF Changs, followed by carrot cake (that Ricky ordered special from Arnie's) at Ricky's parents' house.

Yep, I look like an idiot in this picture. It was the only one Rick took... notice the blurry phone quality.

So, I realize that 24 is not exactly a milestone birthday, but I like to make a big deal out of ALL birthdays and holidays, so I forced my husband to go on a shopping spree with me on Saturday. We went to the outlet mall in Howell (about 1.5 hours from our house) and to my 2nd favorite store (1st fav. being Tarjay), IKEA!! I got a cute cardigan and a pretty tank to go under it at Ann Taylor LOFT Outlet (really, the outlet isn't much cheaper than the actual store), and I got this...
... at the COACH Outlet! I love their cross body bags, and they may be expensive, but they seriously last longer than any other purse I've ever had. Now I have a black one and a brown one!

We also got a bunch of boring-ish stuff from IKEA, like a new lamp, a duvet and cover, lightbulbs, picture frames, mirrors, etc. So, while I didn't watch my spending as closely as usual, I don't think I spent an excessive amount either. In fact, I still have a bunch of money left over... Target, here I come!

So, thank you birthday-money-and-gift-card-givers! It was nice to buy things I wanted and not feel guilty about it for once!!

Oooh, does anyone else watch American Idol these days? I'm obsessed with this season. Jessica Sanchez is SO talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment