Thursday, March 29, 2012

March

This month of March has had it's ups and downs.

Ups=
  • Ricky getting a new job! He starts April 9th and is REALLY excited. He not only got a pay raise, but also gets a much more flexible position at a company that offers great benefits. I'm so proud of him.
  • Me finishing my internship! Which means I'm almost done with school!! Eventually, I'll have to go back for one more class and a 10 week (super-expensive) internship in order to get my Bachelor's degree, but for now, I'll have my Associate's. It's weird how my career path works. It doesn't matter if you have your Associate's or your Bachelor's, you'll get the same starting position with either degree. Most healthcare organizations will pay for you to finish your Bachelor's degree as well, so that is what I am hoping for, and I'll probably go back in two or so years to finish that up. For now, I just need to decide when to take my certification test... I'm thinking early May.

Down=
  • My dad losing his job... for no reason. I won't go into details, but it just shows how life can throw curve balls at any moment, especially when you least expect it to. Please just say a little prayer for him :)
So, that is basically the only down of this month... but it's a BIG one.


Here are the only pictures I've taken this month...

Of course, there is one of my Chevy

Lauren, Will, and Anna came to visit this week :)
Rick and his dad tried to teach him how to play Ping Pong. He kept calling it "soccer".

We went to the butterfly exhibit at Fredrick Meijer Gardens yesterday. "Gwamma" gave Will some money to spend. Later on, he pulled out his money and told me he wanted to buy us all coffee. What a gentleman.

Miss Anna put her shades on all by herself.

There were butterflies EVERYWHERE. I would have been freaked out if they had been any other kind of bug.

Anna was mesmerized by them.

Tonight, me, Rick, Lauren, and Ally are going to see "The Hunger Games". I saw it opening night and it was SO GOOD! I thought (minus one or two parts) that it followed the book really well, and I'm usually a tough critic of movies that depict books. I'm excited to see it again!


1 comment: