Today, I'm doing the "What's your love story" link!
How long have you and your significant other been together?Rick and I have been together for 4.5 years. September 1, 2007 was when we "officially" became boyfriend and girlfriend :)

This is right before we started dating.
(Oh what I would give to be that skinny again...)
How did you meet (what's your love story?)?
I'm pretty sure we met in middle school. I thought he was like the most annoying person ever. He sat next to me in 9th grade English class and bugged me every day. Back then, I would have NEVER imagined that he would be my HUSBAND today. It's funny how life works out, isn't it?!
If married, how long have you been married?
We have been married for 1 year and almost 3 months.
If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We got married November 20, 2010 (a.k.a. the best day of our lives!) in the town where we grew up (and currently live now) at a church right by Rick's parents' house. We had a semi-big wedding/reception.

Do you have any nick-names that you call each other?
We actually call each other really immature names like "pooper" or just "poop". I call him my "lovey" sometimes, which is a pet name that came from my mom.
Name three things you love most about your honey?
1. I love that he makes me laugh. He is the funniest person I know (Sometimes he thinks he is a little too funny, in fact.) and can actually make anyone laugh. I love his gross sense of humor (most of the time).
2. I love that he doesn't care when I act like a fool. I can act like the biggest dork around him and he doesn't even flinch.
3. I love that he gets along with my family and I love his family too!!
Tell us how he proposed?
He proposed to me on his 22nd birthday. I had just gotten a new camera for Christmas, and he wanted to take some couple-y type pictures down by the Rockford Dam. We took pictures in this cute little gazebo using the self-timer, and he secretly put the camera on continuous mode so that it would catch the proposal. It did, and I love those pictures!!!

Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for V-Day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
I have HINTED that I really like getting flowers! I think he is more of a "lets go on a nice date" kind of guy!
Are you a sunset on the beach kind of girl, or pop in a movie and relax on the couch?
Definitely pop in a movie and relax on the couch. Although sunsets are nice, I would much rather relax and cuddle with a good movie.
Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other someday. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Someday, I would like to go to Europe, and not necessarily go back-packing (I'm not the outdoorsy type), but tour a bunch of different countries/famous places. Also, I would LOVE to go to Capri, Italy. Rick has been there, and has promised to take me back with him someday!
Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day.
I'm not sure what our plans are. We are actually going to dinner and a movie tonight, so this might just be our Valentine's Day date. We are also going to a concert next Thursday (the 16th), so that is like a little V-Day date as well :)
Are you asking for anything this V-Day?
Just a card. I love cards, especially thoughtful ones.
Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Don't try and be together 24/7. When we were dating, I wanted to hang out with him EVERY minute of EVERY day. I seriously think this caused us to argue all the time. Now that we're married, we let each other do our own things and when we get to be together, it's so much more fun! I'm not saying you should avoid each other, just don't smother each other!
Show us a picture of what love means to you.

AWWWW...SWEET! I'm too old to remember most of the answers to these questions!
ReplyDelete