Today, Rick and I installed floor into what was probably the most disgusting room in our entire house. We call it our "exercise room", because that's where we keep our elliptical trainer. A few months ago, we painted the room, and tore up the 1970's vinyl floor to discover a sticky black glue covering the entire room. It was nasty. So, after finding our flooring on sale for super cheap, we bought some to re-do the floor in this room and in the room that will be our bar room (we've already had the floor installed in that room, I just don't think I blogged about it.). It's called the Aquarius vinyl flooring, but it looks EXACTLY like the laminate floor we have in our upstairs. Plus, it's waterproof, so it's perfect for a basement.

Before: a GROSS, black, goo-ey floor

A closer look at the goo

After: Pretty, wood-looking floor!
Yes, I realize we still need trim and we need new ceiling tiles as well... the list never ends!!!
Now all the flooring in our basement is done! We are getting new carpet in the upstairs bedrooms with our tax return, and then, the floor in the entire house will be done (for now, until we decide to re-do the laundry room floor). Note to self: next time you buy a house, buy a move-in-ready house. Or build a house, that way everything will already be exactly how I want it.
Anyway, I still have a long list of painting/re-organizing/decorating to do.
Very nice!!
ReplyDelete