Okay, I really have no "tales" to tell, just random tidbits about what's been happening around here...
1. Rick and I have signed up for free accounts at MyFitnessPal, where you track your food and exercise every day. It is like a Facebook, but for those who want to get healthy. So far, we've done it for 9 days and I already feel a TON better about myself. I haven't felt that disgusting "I ate too much" feeling in a week, and I don't feel hungry either. Sure, we both splurged for the Super Bowl, but having this website to keep us accountable made it that much easier to get back on track. Check it out!
2. We had this AWESOME idea for our basement. We recently moved my office down to the basement, into a room with no windows. It's kinda dungeon-ey. Then (after taking a part my desk and putting it back together.. oops), I had a great idea for a bar-type room! So, we decided to cut a pass-through into the wall and open this room up to our downstairs living room. We are going to get a little bar cart and mount a counter top in the pass-through to make it into a bar/eating area! I'm so excited!!! We even created a model of our room on Lowes.com...

So the window pictured above will actually be a pass-through (there wasn't an option to create one on the website) leading into our living room. The big black thing in the corner is a beer/wine fridge (which we already have, thanks to my dad!). We're gonna buy a little pub table to eat and play cards at too. I cannot wait to start this project!
3. Speaking of projects... our stairs are nearing completion! I told Rick they need to be done by my birthday. These suckers have been a lot of work for my husband, his dad, and their family friend. They've also been in the works since the end of October. I'm LOVING how they're turning out though. Here's a sneak peek...
Here is what they currently look like (after I viciously ripped the dirty carpet off of them last year in a rage of disgust)... EWW! Who knew that underneath the carpet would be worse than the carpet itself?
Here are our new stair treads (the part you walk on) looking lovely...
I'm so glad I married someone handy. My mind is constantly thinking up new projects, and if I didn't have Rick, who would help me/do them for me?! Love you, babe!
4. Just in case you're wondering about Chevy... he is still the cutest!
I love my boys!

No comments:
Post a Comment