Friday, January 27, 2012

Bedroom Projects

In my last post, I mentioned how I had already spray painted some gold letters to go on a shelf above our bed, but I didn't have a shelf yet. Well, today, I stopped by good ol' Tarjay and bought a shelf. It was actually really easy to hang, but not the most sturdy, which is kinda disappointing. Oh well, for $25 it will have to do.

Anyways, here was my inspiration from Pinterest...


Here is my version...


Then, I also saw this super awesome lamp shade when I was at Target. It was over $20 though, and I needed a smaller size anyway for the lamp on our nightstand. So, I decided to take the white lamp shade that I already had, and put stripes on it using gold spray paint.

The inspiration...
Here's how my lamp started out... pretty boring, huh?


So I used painter's tape to tape stripes onto it...


I spray painted it gold...


And voila! A gold striped lamp. I was a little annoyed that the gold kinda bled underneath where I had the tape, but I think I'll just touch that up with a little white paint.


Our newly decorated bedroom! I am liking it a lot! I may put some kind of mirror or something behind the word "DREAM". We'll see what I can come up with.


There was one more little project I wanted to do as well. I keep seeing these cute picture frames on Pinterest...

Source: thestewartestate.blogspot.com via Jamie on Pinterest


So, I took an old silver frame, spray painted it gold (yes, again with the spray paint!), used MS Word to type the wording, and found some goldish/yellowish fabric to make rolled fabric flowers with.


And... Ta da!


So yea, I guess you could say that I've been gettin' my craft on.

And one more thing...

Happy Birthday to our nephew, Will!
We can't believe you are already 3 years old! We love you like crazy!

1 comment:

  1. You know I love a good DIY project :) awesome job Amanda...I hope one day we can do these projects together...and hang out int he new bar room you guys are going to have soon :)

    ReplyDelete