Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine's Day

I was SPOILED for Valentine's Day this year. My husband not only got me a card, roses, and a heart-shaped balloon... but also all 3 books in the "Hunger Games" series, which I have been DYING to read. Oh, and did I mention that he also bought tickets to see "The Vow" as a surprise as well? All I got him was a card and an extra-large bottle of Gin. How romantic is that?

So anyway, the least I could do is make him dinner. I made one of our absolute favorite recipes from Skinny Taste. It's roasted potatoes, chicken sausage, and peppers. We always make it with scrambled eggs too, so it's kind of like breakfast for dinner. Anyways, it is TO DIE FOR if you get the Al Fresco brand chicken sausage.

Here I am, admiring our dinner and wishing I didn't have to share.. hehe, jk... kind of.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day like I did!

2 comments:

  1. Aww sounds like you had a lovely evening, and so well looked after to get such lovely presents. Not the most romantic of book series, but I definitely wouldn't say no. You are going to love the hunger games!
    The husband and I weren't going to do gifts this year so I felt awful when he turned up at my work with a bunch of red and white roses but ooh so lucky.
    Love your blog.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you read :)
      What a sweet V-Day surprise!!!

      Delete