Thursday, November 10, 2011

Canine or Human?

Sometimes I think my dog acts very human-ish. We try to make him cuddle with us at night before bed and he'll un-willingly climb up next to us after we tell him to "COME" 45 times. Then, he'll let out an enormous groan (like a "leave me alone" kind of groan) while lying down. It's hilarious. He does not want to be bothered when he is going to sleep.

He also thinks he should be allowed to eat dinner with us. He is such a beggar. We sometimes eat in front of the TV in the living room, and he'll climb up onto the couch behind us and put his head right next to ours. Kinda like he is asking "Where's my dinner?". In this picture, he was begging for Rick's food. He put his paw on Rick's shoulder so Rick wouldn't forget to feed him too. Yeah right... dream on, Chevy!
He also thinks that, whenever I wear socks, we are going for a walk. Every time I open my sock drawer and sit down to put socks on, he goes nuts. Then, he'll run to his leash and look up at it and then look back at me like "let's go"!

Last night, Ricky kept making him jump up on top of his kennel to get a treat. This morning, I was sitting at my desk (which is right next to the kennel) and all of the sudden, he just jumped up there and laid down. Apparently I'm supposed to give him a treat?
I've heard that little kids learn how to make their parents do what they want, but my dog does it just as well. If he wasn't so cute, I would probably not be such a push-over. What's gonna happen when we have ACTUAL kids?!


1 comment: