Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The most wonderful (yet, stressful!) time of the year!


Does anyone else agree that Christmas time is rather stressful? I feel like every year I stress about what gifts to get people, because I never know what they would like. Especially my husband. He always says he "doesn't know" what he wants, or he'll mention a couple of small things and then say "but I don't really know if I want that". Oh, also, he doesn't like to get gift cards. Seriously? COME ON!
With our anniversary in 5 days, I still have not thought of/found anything for him except a card.

I'm just not a good gift-picker-outer, that's for sure. So far, this year, I have bought ONE Christmas present. Yep, I definitely swore to myself that I would be done Christmas shopping by December 1st because I HATE mall crowds. But, yeah right... looks like that isn't going to happen!

It doesn't help that like everyone in my immediate family has birthdays in December and January, either. Our anniversary is Nov. 20, my brothers' b-day is Dec. 3, my dad's b-day is Dec. 18, Christmas is Dec. 25, and Rick's b-day is January 14. That's a lot of thoughtful presents to buy...

Onto another thought...
Don't get me wrong... I do love Christmas (it's actually my favorite holiday!). So much so that I am DYING to put up decorations. I am restraining myself until after Thanksgiving. You can bet that the day after Thanksgiving, I am making Rick get a tree! We actually have one decoration (made by moi) up right now...

New table centerpiece!


I made it from spray painted wine bottles. Then, I used spray adhesive to glue epsom salt onto the wine bottles to make them look snowy. I got the sparkly stick things (inside the bottles) from Hobby Lobby for $5 or so, and the $1 green plate from Hobby Lobby as well.

Once again, I got that idea from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment