Sunday, November 6, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

This weekend has been SUPER busy for us!

On Friday, after a lovely time at the Health Department (I had to go there to get an immunization for my internship), my Aunt Kathy and I went shopping and had lunch at Panera. When I got home, I quickly spent some time with my puppy (who had been in his kennel all day... I'm a mean mom), and then got ready for our double-date night. First, we went out to eat at 25 Kitchen and Bar with Jaime and Chelsi. I seriously love that restaurant. Then we all walked (well... I hobbled b/c I had the worst blister EVER) to the Grand Rapids Symphony. Yes, I realize that only old people go to the Symphony, but they were doing songs from Disney movies complete with singers and all. It was REALLY good! Rick even liked it!

Saturday, we had people over to watch the Michigan game. Boo, it sucked! I was annoyed. Once everyone left, I continued painting trim in our downstairs bedroom, while Rick continued sanding the walls in the stairway. If you didn't know, we are trying to get all the rooms in our house complete, finally! This includes the stairs, which are getting re-done. Oh, and we had the best dinner last night... Roasted Potatoes, Chicken Sausage, and Peppers. We treated it like a breakfast food and ate it with scrambled eggs and toast! Recipe found HERE.

So today, after watching church online, we ventured to my absolute favorite place... TARGET! I had to get some essentials, and, after begging, Ricky bought me the cutest lamp for my new office (which will also be downstairs... we just haven't started it yet!). When we got home, we got to WORK! I put one last coat of paint on the trim, Rick finished sanding the stairway walls, and my dad painted the entire stairway (with just a little help from MOI). After a quick trip to Sherwin-Williams (we got some GREAT paint deals today), I painted the walls of the downstairs guest room. Meanwhile, Rick cleaned out our dryer vent, which was DISGUSTING! I don't think it had ever been cleaned before. He had to take a leaf blower inside and blow all of the lint out of the vent. Needless to say, my dryer (that I used to think was broken b/c it took an hour and a half to dry clothes) is now drying our clothes in 45 minutes!

I will make sure to take a picture once our stairs are completely finished, but here is a sneak peek of the walls. This is also a picture of what the stairs currently look like. EWW! They'll be much different soon! Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment