Good news...
I got my Internship!! *Huge sigh of relief* So that will start next semester, and I'm excited to feel like I have a job again... even if it is unpaid (err).
In other news... I'm obsessed with the website Pinterest. If you do not know what it is, you are missing out. There are an incredible amount of cute things featured on that website. I've been attempting to make so many things that I've seen on it. I've made food (none of the recipes have been "to die for" yet... I'll let you know when I find one!), home decor, hair clips, headbands, and even necklaces! Considering that I do not have one crafty bone in my body, I've been pretty happy with my attempts. They've turned out good for the most part *shocker*! Chelsi even came over the other day and did crafts with me!! I was planning on going to Michaels or Hobby Lobby that day, and she called me in the morning and asked if I wanted to go with her to the craft store. Ha! Great minds think alike! We had such a good time crafting together!
So, lemme show you my finished products:
Yellow and grey hair clip.
I actually wore this on Sunday and got a few compliments! I was proud to say that I actually made it!
Inspired by this:
From: Etsy- ElizabethAshlieGrey flower pin to put on jackets or scarves!
This was a horrifically ugly headband from the dollar store. I wrapped it in grey felt and attached a flower. I don't know if I'll wear this one at all, but at least it's cuter than it was to begin with!
Hair clip w/ one flower
Oh, if you're wondering where the flowers are from, I got them at Hobby Lobby. It was like $5 for a pack of nine flowers and they came in all sorts of different colors. I liked these colors because they were "fallish". I thought it was a good price for the amount of hair clips I ended up making out of them. Also, I put the rhinestones in the middle of the flowers... you could put buttons or any kind of embellishments you want!

This hair clip is COMPLETELY handmade by moi! I have been trying to make the rolled flowers for a long time. I just could not get it! But guess what... I finally made a few!! I still got a little frustrated, but perseverance pays off! I think it's so cute!
This was just a plain (ugly) gold headband from the dollar store. I covered it in this cute polka dot fabric and glued ribbon on the inside. Super cute!
Chevy loves crafting!
I really love how they turned out, but one is definitely more brown than the other. I'll have to fix that. We hung them up the other day, but I don't like how far apart they're spaced at the moment. So when Rick hangs them to my satisfaction, I'll take a picture of them in our room.
Inspired by:

This is probably my favorite project. It was SUPER easy. I love it as a focal point for our basement TV room. We stained it to match a table in our basement that I refinished earlier this year. Yes, I know the words aren't perfectly aligned. I did that on purpose (Rick thought I messed up). I like when things don't look like they're supposed to be absolutely perfect.
From: Dreams Take Flight
I even made jewelry! Inspired by a $55 necklace from Anthropologie! I did mine a bit differently. First of all, I made two necklaces instead of just one. That way I can wear them separately or layered together. Second of all, my flowers are not organza, they're felt... reason being that I was at Michaels where they don't sell fabric and Hobby Lobby was closed :(
I like the different flowers put together though.
Not quite as cute as the original, but I still like it! Excuse the picture of my boobs.
Inspired by:



Love Love Love!!! maybe you do have a crafty bone in your body!!!
ReplyDelete