Monday, August 8, 2011

Putting the books down (for now)

Wednesday is my last day of the summer semester!! So tomorrow I have an exam and Wednesday I have one more. I can't wait to ditch these books! I am so excited to have some time off, even though it's just two weeks. I'm super excited because we are going away this weekend... I can't tell where we are going... (I'll explain later), and in 12 days we are headed to Mexico!!

Something I have always wanted to do is swim with dolphins. Hopefully we will get a chance to do that while on our trip!

Yesterday, my friend Breana had us all over to her parent's house in Muskegon for boating, swimming, and EATING (we ate a ton!). Her parents live on Bear Lake, which connects to Lake Muskegon, which connects to Lake Michigan. We didn't go out into Lake Michigan because the waves were too big, but we anchored off a little beach and hung out for the afternoon. It was really fun. Of course, the only pictures I took were pictures of Rick and Jaime being dorks...

They reached the "summit" (their words, not mine) of a tiny sand dune and started striking ridiculous poses. As you can tell, it was kind of cloudy out, but the thunderstorms that were predicted never happened, and it got beautiful later on! In fact, both Rick and I got sunburned.

I am going to be soaking up as much of the summer as I can these next few weeks. I hope you will as well. Can you believe that summer is almost over?

No comments:

Post a Comment