Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Traverse City Weekend

This weekend was my Grandparents' 50th Anniversary surprise party, up in Traverse City. I went up with my parents on Thursday morning, and Rick met us on Friday during the party set-up. It turned out great, everyone had a good time, and they were very surprised.

The whole family

Taking a party break

On Saturday, Rick and I decided to venture to the Leelanau Peninsula and do some shopping/exploring. First, we went to Leland. I absolutely love it there. They have so many cute little boutique-y shops, and it is very pretty out there by Lake Michigan.

Leland's Fishtown

Self-portrait (I have a feeling we will be taking a lot of these in Mexico!)

After going to Leland, I had the bright idea to go to Glen Arbor. I had remembered going there when I was younger and hadn't been back in a long time. It was a lot smaller than I remember. Rick commented that if we would have blinked, we would have missed the town. We went into one store and spent the rest of our time searching for a bathroom for my dear husband. At least we were able to take some pictures of how pretty Lake Michigan looked.

I edited this photo to make it look semi black and white-ish.

This is what it looked like to the naked eye. It was beautiful.

After our little adventure, we decided not to drive 2.5 hours home to Rockford. We went to the mall, had some taco bell, joined some family for Moomers ice cream, and went back to my Aunt Kathy's house (where we had been staying) to hang out on the deck with Aunt Nancy and our Cherry Wine from Leland. It was a very fun weekend, we both had a great time.

6 days until Mexico!!

No comments:

Post a Comment