Lately, our pup has learned how to swim pretty well! We've been at the cottage quite a few times in the last couple weeks and Chev LOVES the water.
He also enjoys constantly rough-housing with the other doggies, who are less than thrilled.
Last Wednesday, Lauren, Will and Anna came to visit! We went to the barn on Friday and William got to ride on Sully (Ally's horse) with Aunt Ally!
He thanked Sully for the ride with a few kisses.
On Saturday night, Rick and I had a cookout and bonfire in our backyard with a bunch of family and friends. Our town has a Start of Summer Celebration every year and on Saturday they always have fireworks. We live in what I like to think is the best spot in town and can see the fireworks right from our street.
Nice fire, Rick.
Lo and behold, it was still there in the morning.
After sleeping in for a while, Rick and I got ready and made our way up to the cottage. We brought Chevy, which I was reluctant to do because there were already three dogs up there. He was a pretty good boy though and had a good time swimming like crazy with his cousins.
Anna's first boat ride and she is already driving... she's a quick learner!
On our ride, we saw the family of swans. The babies are so cute! I've been meaning to take a picture of them for a while, and I actually remembered to bring my camera along this time!
I hope everyone is enjoying summer so far! The weather needs to decide what it is gonna do... last week it was 90 degrees here, then it wasn't even 60, and now it's in the 70s. Michigan weather, make up your mind! I'll give you my input... 80 degrees, sunny and no humidity= perfection!
Bring the Chevster to OUR cottage! Sparky wants to PLAY! BTW, it's not only your mom who needs that disclaimer...I'm WAY TOO YOUNG to be a great-aunt yet! :) xo
ReplyDelete