Monday, October 12, 2009

Susie Homemaker

Today I actually MADE something for dinner, instead of just eating pre-made food! I am not a cook by any means... This recipe, out of the Kraft Foods Magazine that Ricky's mom gave me, was SUPER easy and YUMMY!

Velveeta Tex Mex Beef and Potatoes

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 red pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 pkg. Taco Bell Home Originals Taco Seasoning Mix
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 4 cups frozen Southern Stlye Hash Browns (cubed)
  • 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn
  • 1/2 lb. Velveeta Cheese cut into cubes
How to Make:
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees
  • Brown meat with peppers and onions in a large skillet; drain. Return to skillet.
  • Stir in taco mix and water. Add potatoes, corn, and Velveeta; mix well. Spoon into a 13x9-inch baking dish; cover.
  • Bake 20 min; stir. Bake, uncovered 15 min. or until heated through.
This recipe is supposed to feed 6 people, so I halved it and did not add onions (since I HATE them), but it was really good!

Other than cooking, nothing is new with me. I have eaten a TON of puppy chow today (no, not dog food). I also went to class and worked out with Breana. Right now, I am super chilly and wish I had some slippers! This morning, it was 34 degrees as I was driving up to school... isn't that awful?! Winter is coming WAAYY too soon. I keep hoping that summer will come back since we really only had a month of good weather before it immediately got super cold! Atleast it wasn't pouring down rain today!

No comments:

Post a Comment