Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Quinn at 2.5

How is it even possible that Quinn is two and a half?
She definitely acts it with her 'tude sometimes, but I still can't believe it. Time freakin' flies. I think the last time I posted an update about her was about a year ago... oops.

I am loving this stage that Quinn is in. Well, I kinda take that back... Most days I LOVE it, because she is so fun, communicative and interactive. When she is crabby though... watch out! She can be a terror like no other. Having said that, on most days, she is a joy to be with.


Cheesin' during Thanksgiving

Quinn has endless energy (takes after her dad!) and talks so much. She literally doesn't stop moving or talking, which is a blessing and a curse for mommy and daddy, haha! She's so smart and amazes us every day with the stuff she knows! She is also hilarious. She makes us laugh so hard at some of the things that come out of her mouth. Her two year old logic is the funniest.

She absolutely adores her little sister. When Grace was born, I was fully anticipating a lot of jealousy from Quinn, but she has always adjusted to change well, and having a new sister was no different. She tells Grace everyday how much she loves her and "Gooey, you awe my pwecious wittle baby". So cute. Lately, she is all about hugging and kissing her sister all the time... which is also why Grace caught the cold that Quinn had and then they both had ear infections last week... awesome. She also thinks it's so fun to "woll Gooey ober" (roll Grace over (we call Grace "Gooey", if you didn't know..)), Yesterday, Quinn was trying to pick a booger out of Grace's nose when neither Rick nor I were watching, and Grace started eating the kleenex... oops. I must say that she is always very helpful and gets me burpcloths, pacis, diapers and wipes for Grace all the time.



We started potty training Quinn at the end of November and ugh... I don't know if the "training" portion will ever be over at this point. She has good days and bad days... This may be TMI, but she never ever poops in her undies anymore, thank goodness. Peeing is a different story. She'll go a "wittle bit" and then tell us she needs to use the toilet... it is so frustrating. I just don't know how to get her to stop what she's doing and make it to the toilet before she starts to go. I've tried reminding her, forcing her to go sit on the toilet, etc. Anyway... can't wait to do this again when it's Grace's turn... NOT!


Picking out our Christmas tree at the end of November

Lately, Quinn has been really good at using manners. Sometimes she needs reminders, but she is getting so good at saying please and thank you. Makes me proud. My favorite is when she "double pleases" and says "Mommy can I pwease have _____ in my bowl, pretty pwease?" When she says thank you, it is always "fanks you". She has been so caring lately too. We went to the doctor when she got diagnosed with an ear infection, and as we were driving home in the car, she said to me, "Oh no momma! I fowgot to tell the doctor fanks you for makin' me feew better!" Just the cutest! Last night was funny. We went to Target and she asked the cashier for a sticker at the checkout "Hey yady! Can I pwease hab a sticker, pwetty pwease?" Haha, I guess we haven't worked on saying "maam" or "sir" instead of "hey lady!"



Some things that Quinn loves lately are:
-Helping mommy cook anything (aka eating the ingredients as I attempt to make dinner)
-Paw Patrol
-101 Dalmations
-Seahorses (she has 3 stuffed seahorses (1 is actually Grace's) that she carries around everywhere. She covers them up and puts them to bed, feeds them fake food from her kitchen, and even takes pictures of them with her fake cell phone!)
-Dora the Explorer books that read themselves (I kinda love these too!)
-Going to Meijer to get a cookie
-Hummus
-Eating carrots "yike a weindeer"
-Stickers
-"Edamommy" (Edamame)
-Going outside, especially to the "paak" (park- she says it with a new yorker accent...)



Some things that Quinn doesn't love:
-Any actual meal I cook... never eats more than two bites of her dinner...I guess she's too full already from eating the ingredients while it's being made...
- Being woken up. She's just like me. She has to wake up on her own, if we wake her up she is soo cranky. I totally get it.

All dressed up at Christmas time





Seahorse Obsession


Discovering Playdough




Quinn, we just love you more than words. You are so full of joy and bring us so much too!!



1 comment:

  1. She's too cute. Love all of her little quotes. Adorable and we miss seeing her!

    ReplyDelete