Anyway, enough about that. Grace is already 4 MONTHS OLD! How did this even happen? I thought Quinn's "babyhood" went by fast, but this one has gone by exponentially faster. In some ways, it's a good thing... Grace wasn't the happiest baby for months 1.5 to 3. She was a lot needier than I remember Quinn being as a baby, and it was frustrating because I was having a really hard time juggling both kids. I said to my husband on more than one occasion "why did we have another baby?" Makes me so sad to think of those words even coming out of my mouth! Luckily, he is awesome and is always willing to give me a break, and now things have gotten a lot better. Grace really completes our family. Although some days I feel like I might lose my mind (as I'm sure all moms do!), both of those little girls bring me more joy than I could ever put into words.
Grace is getting so big now! I'm not sure how much she weighs (I'm guessing like 12ish lbs), but she is getting chubbier and chubbier! I love chubby babies, the chubbier the better. She is quickly growing out of three month clothes, and size 1 diapers are pretty tight... I have one more sleeve of them though, and I'm not letting them go to waste.
She drinks anywhere from 4-6 ounces of formula at a time and she has tried oatmeal cereal a few times as well. I don't think she enjoys it though, she makes a real grossed-out face when the spoon reaches her mouth. She rarely burps after a feeding, but when she does it is LOUD... like grown man loud. It's hilarious. Grace loves to be naked, and the only time she ever laughs is when we tickle her bare chest. She is very smiley (unless she's hungry or tired), and still loves to be swaddled super tight during naps and night time. She is a great sleeper (HOORAY!) and has been consistently taking two naps a day in her crib and mostly sleeping through the night. I'm such a heavy sleeper that I don't hear her fuss at night, but Ricky will sometimes wake up a few times to put her paci back in (did I mention my husband is awesome?). Grace loves taking baths. She smiles and kicks the entire time. Sometimes she kicks so hard that I'm nervous she's gonna fall out of her little tub! She is starting to grab toys and my hair (ouch) and loves to stand up on my lap. She can roll from her belly to her back, but not from her back to her belly yet. She's not too fond of being on her belly at all, actually! Grace has basically lost all of her hair, except for a small tuft at the base of her neck... kinda like a baby mullet. The tiny hairs that she does have are pretty blonde, and her eyes, of course, are blue like all the rest of ours.
Quinn is obsessed with Grace. She tells me all the time "Gooey (Grace's nickname) is the super cutest baby, she's a stinker!" Grace will give her the biggest smiles and Quinn will say "Mom! Gracie smiled at me and it was BOO-tiful!" Before Grace was born I really thought Quinn would have a hard time once she arrived, but she loves her baby sister and has been more than awesome with such a huge change!
It is so interesting to compare Grace with how Quinn was when she was a baby. Grace has had a lot more tummy troubles than Quinn did, although Quinn spit up all the time and Grace rarely does. Grace is very smiley at this stage, but Quinn used to laugh all the time and Grace has only real-laughed once or twice thus far. Grace is a drooler (especially now that she is teething) and Quinn never really drooled. Quinn was always content in her car seat, while Grace would rather be worn in the baby wrap. I could go on and on... I just love how I can already tell that Grace has a whole different personality from her sister. I can't wait to see more of it!
I know I'm missing things that I want to remember, but it's late.
I need to change this blog's heading, since there are four of us now... and I NEED to do a separate post about Quinn, because she has grown up SO much in the past few months. I will try to get around to it soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment