Weight: Our scale at home says she weighs 15.6 lb., and our measuring tape says she is 25.5 in long. She'll get weighed & measured accurately when she goes to the pediatrician next month. She's wearing size 2 diapers at all times now, not just at night. She has grown out of all her 3 month sleepers, her 3 month onesies are getting difficult to snap, and her 3 month pants are getting a little floodwater-ish. She is fitting into most 3-6 month outfits and some 6 month things (although those are a bit big still).
Sleep: The girl LOVES (and needs!) her sleep!! She has usually been taking two 2 hour naps during the day and sleeping 12 hours every night. When she doesn't get a good second nap, because she's at someone else's house or we're out and about, she will usually take a third nap to make up for it. Lately, she's also learned to self-soothe by sucking her thumb. If I hear her awake, I'll let her fuss a little (I can't let her cry-it-out, it's too sad!), and she'll usually put her thumb in her mouth and fall back asleep.
Foods: We have tried single grain oatmeal cereal, pureed pears, mashed avocado, & sweet potatoes thus far. Quinn is a BIG fan of the oatmeal and pears. She ate a few bites of avocado and then started gagging. I don't think the avocado sat well in her belly either... lets just say we won't be trying that again for a while. She absolutely LOVED the sweet potatoes and ate the entire jar her first time trying them.
Likes: Quinn wants to be standing up at all times. I'll hold her up on my lap or in her jumperoo, and she will just wiggle and wobble all around. She likes to yell/screech really loud, and it's pretty funny. She still LOVES bath time. She can be super crabby and we'll put her in her bathtub and she gets so happy. She just started kicking her legs in the bath, and it is soo cute! A few days ago, she found her feet and now wants to grab them at any chance possible. She still loves to grab toys and put them in her mouth, but recently, she's learned that it's fun to bang them on the ground and throw them around as well.
Dislikes: Our little diva dislikes when we walk out of the room quick and leave her on her playmat. She'll be perfectly happy and we walk away, she'll let out the fake-est cry ever. It's pretty hilarious. She also always knows when she's about to be fed, so if you don't give her the bottle quick enough, she will get mad. The girl is pretty good at whining when she doesn't like something (wonder where she got that from?!). Now that she's learned to whine, she doesn't cry as much as she used to, so that's okay with me (even though the whine is annoying!).
Health: Quinn got her first fever after getting her shots at her four month appointment. It wasn't too high, but we were worried nonetheless. Our poor baby was so sleepy, but also extra cuddly. I'll take the cuddles any day (not that I want her to be sick...)! Aside from that, there was one day where she projectile vomited on me 4 times. She had never done that, but we now know that it was probably a minor stomach bug. A stomach bug that she then passed on to her parents (I had it REAL bad)... more on that later, it was awful.
Social: Quinn loves Chevy. She reaches for him and grabs his fur when he's close by. She loves her mommy and daddy and smiles at us so much now. She has started laughing more and more. The other day, she laughed at her reflection in the mirror on her playmat. She had to stay at Rick's parents' house overnight last weekend (due to the stomach thing that Rick and I both acquired) and she did great with them.
Postpartum: I'm FINALLY back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Those last few lbs. seemed like they were never going to go away. I lost a little more weight over the weekend, since I was puking every half hour. I've never been that sick in my adult life, and I still can't really seem to find my appetite. Other than that, I feel pretty great. I haven't done much exercising though. I'm planning on signing up for the Riverbank Run 5k today. Then, I'd better get cracking on my elliptical until the day I can finally go outside and run!! It has been negative temps here with probably TWO FEET of snow for the last few weeks. We just keep getting more and more snow. I might cry with happiness when it melts and Spring is here (if that EVER happens!).
I'm soo excited for tomorrow, because Rick is taking me to see "Frozen"! I don't know if I've ever been this excited to see a movie before. I've been listening to all the songs over and over again on YouTube... What a nerd. Have a great weekend!








Your little one is so adorable!! :-)That's great that you were able to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight so quick, how did you do it??
ReplyDeleteWarmest Regards,
Cheri