Thursday, January 2, 2014

4 Months Old!

Happy New Year, everyone! Rick and I have had colds for the past two weeks, so we did nothing but sit at home in our pajamas on New Years Eve. Rick fell asleep before midnight, and I quickly fell asleep after watching the ball drop on NBC. We are boring.

Quinn turned 4 months old on December 31! 
She had her 4 month checkup today, and she is healthy as could be! I swear, we fall more and more in love with her everyday. She is the cutest!!

Weight: Quinn is in the 50th percentile for weight at 13 lbs 14 oz! She is 80th percentile for height (maybe she got the tall gene?!) at 25 1/4 inches long! She is still wearing size 1 diapers during the day, but wears size 2s at night. She's quickly growing out of just 3 month clothes and into the 3-6 month stuff. It was so sad that I had to put away all of her festive Christmas outfits the other day! 

Sleep: Still sleeping like a champ! She sleeps from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. every night. She's still taking her normal two naps a day, and sometimes we add another nap in if she seems real tired/cranky. The girl loves her sleep! Just like her momma.

Bahhh, that face!
Likes: Quinn loves her toys. She loves to grab them and put them in her mouth. Actually, she loves to grab everything and put it in her mouth... especially my hair (Oww). She loves music, and when she is crying, I just turn on some music (usually the PraiseBaby channel on Pandora) and she calms down. She seems to like getting books read to her as well. Quinn also still loves baths and her paci. 

Dislikes: She still does not like tummy time, but she tries to roll from her back to her stomach, so hopefully she'll enjoy it more once it's not forced! She's starting to not like her swing, and whines whenever we put her in it. It stinks because putting her in her swing was how I was able to get things done around the house!

Social: Quinn smiles at us ALL THE TIME now! It seriously makes my day. She likes to laugh and yell at the top of her lungs. It's hilarious. Lately, she prefers mom and dad over anyone else. She has started to cry at times when strangers hold her, and even when her grandparents hold her! 

Today, the doctor said we could start feeding her rice cereal. I think we'll give it a go this weekend sometime. She's growing up too fast, and I could just eat her up!! We just love our adorable, chubby little baby! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the last photo! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet! I love how you do the updates...and yes, that last photo is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete