Friday, April 13, 2012

High Five for Friday

Friday has come SO quickly this week! Rick started his new job on Monday and already loves it and all the little perks that go along with it. Anyway, I'm linking up with Lauren at "From My Grey Desk" to do this thing that she calls "High Five for Friday". It's basically where I tell you my favorite things from this week. So here we go...

Photobucket 

 1. I already mentioned it, but Rick's new job! He gets to do what he loves at an awesome company that really values their employees. He also gets GREAT benefits to go along with it. After just one week, we can already tell that this career change was the right choice!

2. Healthy smoothies that I've been making for breakfast every morning this week! I got the idea from Pinterest (of course).



So far, I've made a mixed berry/banana spinach smoothie, a pineapple/banana/coconut spinach smoothie, a banana/chocolate spinach smoothie, and a peach/oatmeal/honey spinach smoothie. They've all been real good, but I just don't enjoy berry seed chunks in my smoothies, so I probably will not make the first one again!

3. Instagram! No, I don't have an iPhone, but Rick has a Droid that I stole and downloaded this app on. I love it. It's so much easier to just take pictures with the phone instead of me lugging my huge camera around. I've decided that I NEED to get an iPhone a.s.a.p.!

Just look at this adorable doggie!

4. My five new super-discounted China Glaze polishes that I bought myself this week! I got them each for only $3, when they are usually around $7. I'm nail polish obsessed... In fact, the semi-large box that I had been keeping my nail polishes in for years is now overflowing... oops! 

From left to right: "Peachy Keen", "Flip Flop Fantasy", "For Audrey", "Secret Peri-Wink-Le", and "Bermuda Breakaway"


5. The new Sea Doo that Rick's parents bought for the cottage!!! We have two stand up jet-skis, which are fun, but it is going to be awesome to sit down on this one and to be able to ride with more than one person at a time! 

This is how the guys got the Sea Doo home. It was a little bigger than they anticipated. Can you say redneck?

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I'm also linking up with Susan from "SuzelSays" for the Coffee Mug Swap! Check it out!



Happy Friday everyone! Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm participating in the coffee mug swap as well. Current obsessions of mine...coffee mugs and coffee!! Love it!

    I love so many things about this post!!
    Sea doo!! Soo much fun!
    You def need an iphone...I'm OBSESSED with Instagram...it's so much fun!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I thought the mug swap was a super cute idea! And I'm trying my hardest to convince my husband that I NEED an iPhone! Happy weekend to you too!

      Delete