Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Traditions

I got this little Christmas traditions questionnaire from Steph at the Sweet Life. I thought it would be fun to fill out as well.

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate usually, but Eggnog lattes are amazing. I just don't drink them that often because they're SO bad for you.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa wraps presents, for sure.


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights, but we got the cool white LED ones this year, and I wish we would have gotten the warm white. Cool white hurts my eyes.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
If you refer to my Christmas decorations post, you will see our "MISTLE BELLS" instead of mistletoe.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend after Thanksgiving, usually. This year, it was pouring down rain all weekend, so we didn't get our tree until the first weekend of December.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
We always used to have Ham for Christmas at my parents' house. Now, we usually eat with Ricky's family and I really like green bean casserole.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
My mom used to write gift tags that said our presents were from, not only Santa, but also the characters of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. Actually, she still does that.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I walked downstairs purposely to check and see if Santa was there. Nope, it was just my dad.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We always got to open one present only.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
This year, I have a small tree in our basement that has turquoise and silver decorations. Our big tree upstairs is full of personal/fun ornaments and red and green decorations as well.


11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Absolutely HATE it. I only semi-like it on Christmas day. Then, it can go away forever.

12. Can you ice skate?
I can!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?I usually make a Christmas list, so I pretty much LOVE all my gifts.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Knowing the true meaning of Christmas, and being able to spend good time with my family and friends (especially those who live far away now!).

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
This year, cake pops... I've been making them like CRAZY.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Our "annual" Christmas card photo at the Rockford Dam (before Christmas, of course). Oh, and opening our stockings right when we get to my parents' house. My mom always puts the BEST/funniest things in our stockings.

17. What tops your tree?
A glittery silver star from Target.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I prefer giving, because it's fun to see a person's reaction when they open your gift. Next year, I'm going to try not to shop so early though, because I cannot keep a secret, and I'm pretty sure Rick knows like everything he is getting.

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?
Yum! But only if they're not peppermint. I hate peppermint.

20. Favorite Christmas show?
The claymation Rudolph or Santa Claus is Coming to Town. That reminds me, I haven't watched them yet this year!

21. Saddest Christmas song?
I would say Christmas Shoes, but it mostly just makes me laugh. No, not because I think the song is funny, but because I just remember Rick holding up some skanky platform shoes at Forever 21 (right before Christmas a few years ago, while we were shopping in Chicago) and singing "Sir I wanna buy these shoes". It was freakin hilarious. I think I even have a video of it.

22. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey, or my new favorite: "12 Days of Christmas" by Straight No Chaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment