This past weekend was pretty fun. On Saturday, Jaime and Chels had a small get-together during the Michigan vs. Northwestern game. Michigan won (in a much more interesting game than the one we went to the previous weekend!) and now they're 6-0! Go Blue!
Jaime and Rick playing Put-It-In-The-Hole (not really what it's called, I just think it's funny to call it that)
The boys set up the projector in the garage. They were so thrilled with their "big screen TV".

After the game, Rick did a celebratory cheese stand. Yep, kinda like a keg stand... only with the cheese machine.
On Sunday, we got together with Jaime and Chelsi once again to celebrate what we called "Harvest Day"! We intended on going to an orchard somewhere to pick apples and pumpkins. Well, first we took a scenic color tour around town and tried a pretty well-known place called Robinettes. The place was SO busy. There was a line to get into the cider mill that stretched all the way to the road. So, Jaime and Chelsi said they knew of a place a little further from town. We went on another scenic color tour and could not find this place anywhere. Apparently, they forgot where exactly it was! We finally decided to just visit a little cider mill that we had passed while looking for the other place. The place was called Klein Cider Mill, and it was so cute and not busy at all. In fact, we went in the corn maze and were the only ones there. It was really fun, and we left with some Honeycrisp apples (my favorite!), three pumpkins, and some fall decorations.
Rick and I made it out first :)
He went to get a cart to drag his pumpkin up the hill. Of course he had to ride the cart down the hill in the process...All of our pumpkins. I had a big one and tried to cut out the stencil of an owl, but the owl broke off his branch and ruined the pumpkin... I was sad. So, instead of the owl pumpkin, I drew a paw print on Chevy's pumpkin and carved that.
So, as you can see, our weekend was just full of fall fun :)











What a wonderful weekend!!! PS. when it comes to pumpkins, "bigger is better"!!!
ReplyDeleteOoh you can't believe how much I wish I was there for that! I love everything fall, especially pumpkins!
ReplyDeleteWe wish you were here too, Lissa!!!!
ReplyDelete