Here's the problem: All of my blue jeans are very old (I'm talking at least 2 years old) and many of them are too tight (post-wedding weight gain... erg), so today, I went in search of some brand spankin' new blue jeans. My old stomping ground American Eagle had a bunch of jeans on sale, but NOT ONE PAIR fit me anymore. Not to mention that they were FAAARR to low cut. I don't really want my crack to be showing, thank you very much. I also tried jeans on at JCPenney (while I was trying the low-cost route, gotta give me props for trying), at Gap (cute, but just not quite right and expensive), and finally, Macy's. Macy's has a brand called American Rag that had really cute jeans at a reasonable price, but I'm somewhere in between a juniors size 5 and size 7, so those didn't quite fit either. That's when I saw the Silver jean display. I have had two pairs of Silvers in my lifetime, and they are the best jeans I've ever owned. In fact, I was wearing a pair (that I've had for 4 years) of them today. The only thing is, Silvers are NOT CHEAP. $75 for one pair... YIKES. Needless to say, I tried them on. I was desperate at this point, OK? Of course, I loved them, they were perfect in the waist and the length (which is SO hard for me to find), and they are still breathable. Well... I bought them. So, It looks like I'll be wearing my fancy schmancy new, freaking expensive jeans everyday, since I can't afford to buy another pair! I'm feeling quite a bit guilty at this point. I really do try and bargain shop! I guess there are some things you just can't skimp out on. So I'm wondering...does anyone else have these blue jean issues?!

I have a pair of Silvers too and I've been wearing them for 4 years now! Love them!!
ReplyDeleteAlso here is a great site for printable coupons. They always have them for the big department stores too. Right now there is a $10 Macy's one. Maybe you can use it if you didn't take the tags off yet.
http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/