Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mexico!

Hola Amigos! We got back from Mexico last Thursday night. I should have blogged about our trip earlier, but with school starting and getting back into the swing of things, I just haven't had any time! Anyway, Mexico was AMAZING! It was better than our honeymoon. In fact, I've been calling it our second honeymoon. We had so much fun together!!!

Rick used his dad's Sky Miles card to get us upgraded to first class!!

We even ate lunch on the plane, which was really good!

When we arrived, it was cloudy and semi-rainy :(

We were basically the only people outside in the gross weather, because we were just so excited to be there.

On day number two, the weather still wasn't very nice. Here is Rick at the beach bar.

We ordered room service for lunch. We got WAYY to much!

Food coma

Self-portrait before dinner

There was a hibachi grill at our resort, and it was DELICIOUS!

The weather FINALLY got nicer the next day!!

There was a pool outside of our room that no one was ever at... except us :)

Just relaxin'

Dinner at Portofino, the Italian restaurant


The next day, we went on a sailing trip to Isla Mujeres. This picture was taken at the boat dock before boarding.

Our excursion included snorkeling

There were A LOT of fish!

Relaxing after our snorkeling adventure

Our catamaran, docked at the island

We were just relaxing and enjoying our boat ride back to the mainland, when the crew members came around shouting, with shots of tequila in hand!

After the tequila, Rick was brave enough to ride the Spinnaker. It was kind of like parasailing, except you are not strapped in at all!

Another self-portrait before dinner

Ricky the next day walking to the pool (0r bar?)

At the beach bar (once again, hehe)

The amazing view from my beach chair

We took advantage of the Hobie Cats on our beach. Captain Rick was in his element.

Just sailing right along...
We need to buy one of these!

Our last dinner... at the Mexican restaurant
Rick loved that the bread came in a chicken.


A mariachi band came and serenaded us at our table! They were awesome.

The view from our favorite pool before we left for our trip home

Pobre Rick, we were both sad to leave!

As you can see, we had such a great time! I would definitely recommend the resort we stayed at, it was so nice!

We got back home and hung out with friends a couple days. On Sunday, we went to Breana's she took us boating again, which was super fun! I started school yesterday (my last year!!) and have a class at 6 o'clock tonight. My schedule sucks because I am gone 3 nights out of the week, but it gives Ricky plenty of free time to hang out with his guy friends. Oh, and I bought this the other day....
A MacBook Pro! My computer is 5 years old and on it's death bed. I'm constantly using Rick's computer (which I am on right now), and I don't like his much either. Hopefully, it will come in the mail by Friday!!

Oh, so funny story...
After class yesterday, I came home and noticed that my hair part (where I got sunburnt) is peeling! EWW! It looked like I had really bad dandruff or something, I really hope no one at school noticed. How embarrassing!

We are probably going to the cottage for our Labor Day weekend. They're having fireworks on Saturday night this year. I hope everyone is enjoying their last days of summer (boo!)!!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your dinner dresses! It looks like you had a great time, that's one trip Jared and I will have to add to our to-do list!

    ReplyDelete