Before I talk about what I've been up to, look at these pictures of Chevy. He is getting SOO big, he's 20 pounds now! When we got him he was only 12 pounds.
He is still SOO CUTE!
Ooo and I have a story for you! The other night while I was at work, Rick and his dad took Chevy up to the cottage with them. Apparently he was just being a good boy, playing with sticks and stuff so Rick turned his back for a few seconds to do something... when he turned back around, Chevy had Deacon (rat poison) in his mouth! It was around 9pm when this happened so our vet wasn't open, so Rick called the emergency vet who told him to give Chevy hydrogen peroxide in order to make him throw up. Chevy wouldn't throw up so they grabbed a bag and got in the car to drive from Newaygo to Grand Rapids to the only emergency vet in West Michigan (This is when I called and found out what happened! I was very worried but stayed calm...). On the way there, Chevy threw up (a ton) into the bag. When they got to the vet, he got every precautionary test done to make sure he would be okay. Rick doesn't think he even swallowed any of it, but it was in his mouth so he had to be sure. So when all was said and done, it cost a fortune to take him to the animal E.R. but he is very worth it and he's gonna be okay!
The morning after the ordeal we gave him a bath...
He was so exhausted from the night before that he just laid down right in the water (he doesn't usually like baths at all)
Anyway, we are glad he is okay!!!
Saturday was my last bridal shower (I don't have any pics from that, unfortunately) and my Bachlorette Party!!! The B. Party was SOOOO much fun!! I can't post any of the pictures b/c they are pretty inappropriate (ha!) but here is a picture of all of us dressed in our "skanky" costumes.
Ally= Pirate, Kaitlyn= Jane, Audrey= Bunny
Chelsi= Superman, Lissa= Tinkerbell, Lauren= Nun,
Me= Dorothy, Heather J.= Morticia Adams, Sydney= Mother Earth
Heather N.= Little Red Riding Hood, Kristin= Batman, Breana= Minnie Mouse
I think everyone had a really good time, we played some hysterical games. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard (could it have been the alcohol?)! I got the CUTEST gifts from all my friends. They have such good taste! Lauren and Ally were such good hosts!! Thanks girls!
Now it is CRUNCH TIME! Only 17 days until our wedding!!! 163 people have R.S.V.P.ed and I think that is probably the final count. There are a few people we have to call and find out if they're coming, but we really don't expect them to. Yesterday I put together the wedding ceremony order and today Kristin (thank goodness for her!!) helped me put programs together. Today, I also went and found jewelry to wear and some green socks for Rick (to match my green shoes!!)! I also put labels on the jars we're using for our ALL GREEN candy bar. They look really cute. I'm kinda scatterbrained at the moment with all this stuff going on, but I know it's gonna be great! I cannot wait to marry my BEST FRIEND!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment