Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunshine and Relays

We have had GREAT weather here in Michigan during the past week! Almost every day it has been sunny and over 60! (Haha it's sad that I think 60 degrees is warm cuz it's really not!) I just looked at the weather for tomorrow and it is supposed to be sunny and 75!! A good day to work on my tan before heading to Starbucks for 8 hours of work! Good weather makes me sooo happy.. it is just REFRESHING to see the sun!!

This past weekend I was on the Starbucks Relay for Life Team. Its a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society that is held at one of the Rockford middle schools. There are a ton of tents sent up around the school's track and people just walk or run to raise money for cancer. Starbucks had a tent and sold hot coffee, iced coffee, and pounds of coffee. It was really fun to hang out with my work friends for a while! Ricky was a pro at selling coffee and he raised a ton of money (I was proud)! Also, my friend Kaitlyn joined me at around 9p.m. and we had a ton of fun. I went down there around 5:30 p.m. on Friday night and ended up staying until 2 in the morning!! At around midnight Kaitlyn and I went and ran a mile around the middle school track! I don't know what got into us... we're crazy!! 
Here are some pictures from our night...


My dad, me, and Lindsey (one of the girls I work with) at Relay for Life

Me, Rick, and Jackie (another girl I work with) in our Starbucks Tent!

Me with my flashing grill that we bought!
Lindsey and Ricky with their flashing GRILLS

I am super excited for this weekend because I am going with Ricky's family down to Cleveland to help his sister Lauren and brother-in-law Jeff move into their new house! They have a son named Will who is the cutest baby EVER and I can't wait to see how much he has grown since I last saw him a few months ago! I also can't wait to see their new house! It should be a really good weekend, especially since I get to spend it with my wonderful boyfriend! 

1 comment: