Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year!!

Well, Happy New Year everyone! Our NYE was very eventful... we were all up at midnight (all, except for Grace) throwing up! We were all fine at the beginning of the night, having a blast hanging out with Rick's family, but, by the end of it, all stomach bug hell had broken loose. What a great way to start 2017...

Anyway, I was reading some blog posts from when Quinn was a baby and decided one of my new year's resolutions, besides the usual eating better and working out, is to blog a little more. Even if no one reads this, I love looking back and remembering my girls at different ages. Speaking of ages, little Grace is almost 16 months old! How does that happen? And my Quinny will be 3 and a half at the beginning of March.

A little about what they're up to these days:

I wish I had a freeze button so I could freeze Grace at this age forever. It's just my favorite! She's so smart and hilarious. She loves wearing bows these days as well as hats, and loves to have shoes on. She doesn't talk much yet (at least what we can understand), but she can definitely tell us what she wants (usually in the form of a shrill scream), and she is starting to say more and more words lately. She says momma, dada, baby, hat, book, more, uh-oh and more that I'm forgetting. Other than that, we don't know what language she's speaking, but she babbles constantly. Grace is so much busier than Quinn was at this age. She can destroy a room within two minutes, and she especially loves to grab all my makeup and makeup brushes and scatter them throughout the house. Yesterday, I found her brushing the toilet with my blush brush... seriously gross. She loves baby dolls, looking at books, dancing, her light-up seahorse and her beloved pacis. She is soo mischievous and yet so dang cute that I can't be mad at her! She's still not cuddly, but every night before bed she'll finally wind down enough to cuddle with one of us in her rocker. She makes both of us re-think whether or not our family is actually done, but we will for sure be waiting a few years to decide that...

Quinn is seeming so much older to me lately, she's such a big girl, and yet, I have to remember that she is still little! She is so smart and picks up on EVERYTHING. She will either be the sweetest little thing or a complete brat, there's really no in between, ha! I'm pretty sure she is my mini-me. Apparently, I was the same way as a child. We can finally take her out to eat or shopping with us and she will behave. She is a social butterfly and loves to be the center of attention (I think b/c she likes to boss people around!). She loves books, loves babies, and loves to sing and dance. I really need to sign her up for a dance class this Spring. She is a horrible meal-time eater but will eat snacks for days... She'll be going to pre-school this Fall and she's already so excited for it (so am I!!).

As for Rick and I, we are in the market for a new home! We're really hoping that 2017 will be the year we either build or buy our "forever" home, or, at least the home in which our kids will grow up. There is really NOTHING on the market here right now and I'm sure there will be lots and lots of competition this Spring when it gets busier... but I would love to be in a new home by the time 2018 rolls around! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment