Quinn turned 9 months old on May 31! We were in Traverse City visiting family on that date, so this post is just a few days late.
Weight: Quinn's 9 month checkup is next week, but according to our scale at home, she weighs about 19 lbs. She is still wearing sizes 6-12 and 9 months.
Sleep: Sleep is so much better than last month! We put 2-3 pacis in her crib, so when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she can always find one! We also put the bumpers into the crib so that the pacifiers won't fall through the crib rails anymore. Now she wakes up, finds a paci, sticks it in her mouth and falls right back to sleep. It usually takes less than a minute. Naps have been really good still, too!
Food: Quinn still loves to feed herself! She is eating little bits of pretty much everything we eat at this point, with the exception of a few things, such as nuts and cows milk. We're still giving her formula, about 4 bottles a day, and she is (on her own accord) drinking less and less all the time. I feel like we're always wasting it lately, since, even after she drinks, I am dumping out about 1-2 oz in every bottle. Let me just say that I can't wait to stop buying formula in 3 months!
Likes: This month, Quinn likes to CRAWL all over the place!!! She doesn't do a "real" crawl, it's more of an army crawl, but she sure is fast! She loves to be on the move, and loves to stand. At this point, she can't stand without our help, but I feel like she'll be pulling herself up on things in no time. Quinn still likes to go places, whether it be up to the cottage, out to run errands or just on a walk, she sure enjoys being out of the house! As I said before, I took Quinn up north last weekend, and we went to my aunts cottage where she went in a lake for the first time. She hated it at first (it was freezing), but after a while she started splashing and smiling. Most of all, she liked eating sand. Quinn still loves doggies and now crawls after Chevy a lot . He isn't too fond of that and tries to hide from her most of the time, but occasionally he'll let her pet him. That is, until she yanks a big chunk of hair off of him…. we're working on "pat-pat-patting" and being "gentle to the doggy".
Dislikes: Quinn has started throwing little fits when she doesn't like something, especially when she can't get to our cell phones or the remote control. She doesn't enjoy waiting while I cut up her food, or heat up a bottle either. It is hilarious how one minute she can be the happiest baby in town and the next minute she can scream her head off. I know I shouldn't laugh, but she cracks me up. She still doesn't like when we leave her in the living room by herself, but instead of whining, she just comes to find us now. I'm thankful that the whining has decreased from last month, but we need to get a baby gate…
Health: Quinn has a little runny nose/cough right now that she got when we were in Traverse City. Of course, I didn't bring the saline spray, but luckily my Aunt Kathy had some at her house! I literally texted her at 2 a.m. last Saturday night asking if there was a 24 hour pharmacy near by so I could go buy some saline spray for Quinn. Then, she came down the stairs with some… thank goodness.
Social: Quinn likes just about everybody, although she is starting to prefer me over anyone else. Even when Rick's holding her, she sometimes reaches for me. It makes me feel good to know that she loves her momma, I just hope she doesn't start getting separation anxiety that a lot of babies get around this time… She is also very talkative. She mostly just babbles and says "dada" over and over. It's adorable.
I love this stage! Quinn is super interactive and so fun. It's cool that we can start picking up her cues as to when she likes something and when she doesn't like something. I can't believe she'll be one in only three months… then, we won't have a baby anymore, we'll have a toddler (wahh!!). Saying that the first year goes by so fast is an understatement… it goes by INCREDIBLY fast!!











Ahhhh! She is getting too big! Cute girl. Can't wait to see her.
ReplyDelete