Sunday, May 11, 2014

My First Mother's Day!

This weekend was really fun. Firstly, because the weather was amazing (mother nature must have read my last post)! Secondly, because we did a lot of fun things!

Thursday was the first day that it was warm enough to wear summer clothes. It was actually HOT! Like 80 degrees hot! I hung up Quinn's new swing in the backyard and she loved swinging on it! After swinging, we played outside for a while before I decided it was a little too warm for Quinn. We were both pretty sweaty and her cheeks were getting rosy from the heat.






(Real nice pic with the pooper-scooper in the background)

Friday night, my parents watched Quinn while I went out with friends to HopCat for Chelsi's birthday dinner!! It was delicious and fun to hang out with just adults! It is definitely hard to talk and hang out with babies around, so it was a nice break for me! Rick was in Chicago all day for work training, so he actually wasn't even able to make it to dinner. I still had fun though, even though I really did miss my partner in crime. 

On Saturday morning, I ran the Fifth Third Riverbank Run with my friend Holly! We ran the 5K and did great, considering I couldn't run three miles at the beginning of the week (oops, guess I should have trained a little more…). It is so much easier for me to run if I have a friend to talk to the whole time! I'm grateful that she ran the whole race with me, even though she probably could have ran it much faster! We had so much fun that we're planning on doing some more 5Ks together in the future! I'd like to keep running, now that I know I can do it! 

Before the run

After

On Saturday afternoon, we headed up to the cottage. Rick's parents bought a brand-new boat and we were so excited (especially Rick) to try it out! Quinn went on her first boat ride ever! She wasn't a huge fan of the life jacket or of the wind in her face, but hopefully she'll get used to it! 





Today, not only was it BEAUTIFUL/PERFECT weather, my wonderful husband woke up with baby at 7:30 a.m. so I could sleep in!!! They brought in some cards for me around 9, and then we ate a great breakfast! Quinn bought me the new Samsung tablet for Mother's Day (actually a joint gift… Happy early Father's Day to Daddy too)! 

After spending the morning lounging, playing, going for a walk, napping, and riding on the boat, we headed to my parents' house for the annual KFC feast. It's become a tradition that we get KFC for my mom once a year on Mother's Day. 

Quinn actually ate pears and peas… much healthier for babies :)

Quinn also is almost crawling!! She is REALLY close! Rick and I keep telling each other that we NEED to baby proof our house, like now! My mom thinks she'll be full-fledged crawling by the end of the week… we'll see! 




Geez, I love this girl. More than I ever imagined I could! It is 100% true that being a mom is the most rewarding job in the world. I can't wait to celebrate many more Mother's Days with my sweet baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment