Thursday, May 1, 2014

8 Months!

This girl is now 8 months old and seriously cute! 


Weight: Last week at the doctor's, Quinn was 17 lbs. 14 oz. She is wearing sizes 6-12 and 9 months. 


Sleep: For pretty much the last month, Quinn has been waking up one or two times a night crying. Sometimes she just wants her paci, other times she won't stop crying until we cuddle her back to sleep. It doesn't help that she has had a little cold for the past week and a half. She's also been crying and crying some nights when we initially put her down in her crib. At the advice of my mom, tonight was the first night I let her "cry it out"instead of going in to cuddle her to sleep. She cried for a while, but finally fell asleep. I hate listening to her cry, but if that is what it takes to get her to sleep on her own, I guess it's what I gotta do. Quinn is doing a little better sleeping during naps however, which is good! 


Food: Quinn is not too much of a fan of the purees lately. Of course, she still loves applesauce, but she usually won't eat more than half a jar of any other type of baby food at dinnertime. She has even been fighting the highchair in the mornings when I feed her baby cereal. I read somewhere that a lot of 8 month olds are so interested in everything else around them that they become uninterested in their food. This is definitely true in Quinn's case! Even when she drinks her bottle, she is so wiggly! She does love  feeding herself though. She loves to pick up little pieces of banana, avocado, and puffs and stuff them in her mouth. She tried scrambled egg yolk for the first time tonight and loved feeding that to herself too. Chevy enjoyed all of the egg that missed her mouth. 


Likes: This baby likes to be out and about, just like her momma. When we are cooped up at home, we both get antsy and whiny, lol! Quinn still loves all songs from "Frozen", "Wheels on the Bus", and she loves the opening of the show "19 Kids and Counting" when they name all the children (hilarious, I know). She gets a bit bored with her toys throughout the day, but loves to go to her Grandparents' houses and play with the toys there. At my parents' house, she is obsessed with a stuffed toy Hermie the Elf from "Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer". Tonight, we tried out Quinn's brand-new baby swing for the first time and she absolutely loved it! She was smiling and laughing as we pushed her. 


Dislikes: Quinn does not like when we leave her anywhere by herself. If I leave her in the living room with her toys while I go in the kitchen to make myself food or something, she will whine like crazy. Same goes for when she can't get to/reach a certain toy that she wants. At this point, I'm actually kind of looking forward to her being able to crawl, because then she'll be able to get to her toys or follow me around. Hopefully, that will mean less whining! She is beginning to even dislike the jumperoo now, unless we are right next to her watching her jump. Sad, because she loved it so much last month!


Health: Quinn got her first cold last week. I took her to the doctor to be sure it wasn't an ear infection, because she was pulling at her ears a bunch, but it thankfully wasn't! We all caught the cold though, so it's been a sick week and a half. It seems like we're on the mend now with just little coughs left over.


Social: Quinn will pretty much smile at anybody as long as she's in a happy mood. She is a sweet, happy girl most of the time. I love that she has started reaching for Rick and I (mostly me) when she wants to be picked up, it's too cute! 


We were just going through her month to month pictures and are just amazed by how quickly Quinn has grown up over the past 8 months! We are just so in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment