Let me just preface this post by saying that next week is exam week, and I am trying not to get all stressed out and mad at the world in typical Amanda+exams fashion!
Two days ago, as I was painting away (and getting quite annoyed while doing it) in my future office space, I told (or pretty much yelled at) my loving husband that something I wanted for Christmas would be for him to finish the room for me. He texted last night while I was in school and told me he was going to go in his parents' hot tub, but really, he had my dad come over, and, together, they painted the entire room! So, I just have to say that I have the best husband and the best dad ever! Thanks guys, that made my stress levels go down and put a smile on my face.
My lovely light greenish-blue room (I'm OBSESSED with the color!)
Another thing that put a smile on my face, was a lovely Facebook message that my friend Audrey sent to me and Chelsi yesterday. It was the sweetest note and very unexpected. I am so blessed to have such wonderful, wonderful friends! We have been friends since middle school and early high school, so it just proves how friendships CAN last forever! Even though we may not see each other all the time, especially since Audrey lives in Iowa right now, we can still get together and it's like we were never away from each other! I can only hope that someday my own children will be blessed with such a great group of friends like I have been!
Speaking of friends... I went out to dinner (a.k.a. on a date) with Kristin, whom I haven't seen forever, tonight! It was so nice to catch up and eat yummy food together! Hopefully, we'll be able to see each other more often!

Oh, and I meant to post this picture the other day. We rearranged our living room to make room for the Christmas tree, and this is Chevy's new "spot". He sits himself on the back of the couch (on his perch) and looks out the window. I keep telling him he is not a cat, because he tries to walk on the back of the couch too and falls over. So yeah, I think he thinks that he is a feline now, it's hilarious.
So, those are the people and the pup helping to keep my exam stress at bay, and I owe them many thanks!
That's so sweet of your Dad and Rick to do! Good luck with exams. I am sure you will rock them out.
ReplyDeleteI know, they're so nice to me! Thanks, Andi!
ReplyDelete