Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Rick and I had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

On Thanksgiving Day, we first spent some time at my parents' house, then spent the rest of the time at Rick's. It was a very good day. I ate FAR too much, decorated cookies, and did crafts.
On Friday, Rick and I actually went out Christmas shopping. No, we did not wake up at 5 a.m. either. We went at like 1 p.m. and all of the Black Friday "deals" were still there. I honestly do not see the need to get up freakishly early when you can still get all of the sale items in the afternoon! We bought a lot and got almost all of our Christmas shopping done! Now, I only have 2 more people to buy for (not including Ricky).

Black Friday loot

We got to spend a lot of time with our nephew, niece, and Rick's sister, Lauren, on Saturday. Oh, and, after 7 years... MICHIGAN BEAT OHIO STATE! Whoo hoo!! It was a great game. Rick kept saying how happy he was that U of M won. Saturday night, both of Ricky's sisters came over and played Wii bowling and Loaded Questions with us. Fun times.
Yesterday, my friend Leah (who I worked with at Starbucks) got married. The wedding was so nice, Leah looked so pretty, and the reception was like a Starbucks reunion. We had a lot of fun.

Starbucks crew (plus the new edition... little Wolfe)

The only thing we didn't do this weekend was get a Christmas tree, because it was raining like crazy yesterday morning when we were going to go. We did rearrange our living room to make room for a tree, and we decorated our entire house with other Christmas decorations. Now, the tree skirt and stand are sitting on the floor eagerly awaiting the tree. Hopefully, I won't have to wait until next weekend to get one!

We hope your weekend was awesome as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment