Thursday, November 17, 2011

2011 Beauty Favorites

I don't know if many of you know, but I am a makeup junkie. Especially this past year. I've found a bunch of YouTube beauty "gurus" that I watch routinely (seriously, a huge waste of time, but I love to watch those videos!). I just love finding new/good makeup, which makes me want to try everything! Fortunately, I do have SOME willpower and I don't buy makeup a whole ton, usually just what I need. Anyway... I saw a bunch of bloggers doing their favorite makeup items of 2011, and now I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. Here we go!

Amanda's 2011 Beauty Favorites (in no particular order)

1. Clarisonic Mia! ($120, but, thankfully, I got 20% off in the Sephora Friends and Family sale)
I know, it's expensive... but SOOOOO worth it. It has literally TRANSFORMED my face in a month. I didn't have the worst skin ever, but I used to have all these little acne bumps (eww, gross) all over my chin, and every month I'd get one or 2 cystic bumps. Now, more than half of them are completely gone, and the large ones that were there before have shrunk tremendously. I've felt a few cystic ones coming in, and the next day, they're gone. My face is also a LOT less oily. I have tried everything from drugstore to proactive to prescriptions to help my acne, and nothing ever made a difference except for my Clarisonic. It's amazing. Thank you to my husband for letting me buy it for myself as my (early) anniversary present :)



2. Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream ($6.99 at Drugstores)
This moisturizer is awesome. It's a gel, so it doesn't feel heavy on your face, and it sinks right into your skin. I'm on my third or fourth jar of this, and I don't think I'll be buying anything else ever again!

3. Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in #125 Nude Beige ($6.49 at Drugstores)
I actually just bought this the other day, and I already love it! It gives good, yet still sheer, coverage and has very fine sparkles, which gives your face a nice glow.


4. MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul ($22 MACcosmetics.com or Macy's)
I use this as a bronzer as well as blush. It is so pretty. I got it for my birthday in March, and I don't think I've gone one day without using it. In the summer, I use it exclusively as a bronzer and wear no blush, and in the winter, I dust this over my entire face and then use a different blush.


5. MAC Mineralize Blush in Sakura (Unavailable)
This blush is limited edition from the MAC Quite Cute collection, but I wanted to share it anyways. I never imagined I would look good with a purple-y blush, but this is so cute! There is a pink heart in the middle of it, so it gives a purple-y/pinkish flush to your cheeks.

6. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils ($18 each at Sephora or Ulta)
I got these in a gift set last year I think, and they're still not gone, even though I use them ALL the time. They are the best eyeliners. They don't get all smudge-y, and they come in SUPER CUTE colors! They're a bit pricey though, which is why I don't have any others.


7. Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Black ($7.00-ish at Drugstores)
This does exactly what it claims to do. It gives my lashes a lot of volume and makes it look like I have really long lashes. I really like it. The only thing I don't like about it is that, since the day I bought it, it has always had a funny smell to it.


8. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($19 at Shuuemura-usa.com)
This is the only eyelash curler I've ever had, and I love it. I have had it for years now, and used to keep it in my car so I could curl my eyelashes before work. I HAVE to curl my eyelashes or I feel like I'm missing something, it's weird. This leaves your lashes with a nice curl.

9. Revlon Lip Butters ($7.49 each at select Drugstores)
These are brand-new in stores, and I can already tell that I will be buying more. I don't really like the stiff feeling of most lipsticks, but these feel like chapstick. They also give your lips a lot of color like a lipstick. They have a nice smell/taste to them too, so you don't feel sick when you're wearing them!

10. BUXOM Lips in Lacey ($18 at Sephora)
Ohhh, my favorite lipgloss EVER. I wish you weren't so expensive, or I would have more of you. This lipgloss is awesome. It is a plumping gloss so it gives your lips a tingly feeling, which I love. It is semi-tacky, but I like it because it lasts a LONG time. My tube is almost gone, and I don't think BUXOM sells this color anymore, which makes me sad. I love it sooo much!

11. Essie Nailpolish in Chinchilly ($8 at Essie.com or Ulta)
I love that grey nail polish is still "in" this year. I've had this for over a year now, and it's my favorite out of all my nail polishes (and yes, I have A LOT!). Essie nail polishes are wonderful. They go on smooth, don't chip, and last at least a week. This pretty grey covers up my disgusting, brittle nails perfectly.


12. ELF Professional Eyeshadow Brush ($1 at Target) and Powder Brush ($3 at Target)
The eyeshadow brush makes it so easy to pack color onto your eyelids. The powder brush is wonderful for applying a bit of powder coverage to your face. It also applies powder on top of concealer flawlessly. Oh, and these are super cheap, which is an added bonus!!


I hope you enjoyed my list of favorites!




No comments:

Post a Comment