Thursday, August 12, 2010

Weekend Wedding

This weekend is Chelsi and Jaime's wedding!! Finally! They have been engaged for 2 years... I don't know how they did it. I only have a 10 month engagement and that feels waaayy to long! I can't even imagine how two years would be! The wedding is up on Beaver Island. To get to Beaver, you have to drive to Charlevoix (three hours away) and take either the ferry or a puddle jumper plane over to the island. We are actually leaving at 4:30 in the morning (I know... only 4 hours from now...) in order to get there and get ready to catch the 8:30 ferry. Tomorrow night (well.. tonight actually) is the rehearsal dinner and Saturday is the wedding. I am a bridesmaid and Rick is a groomsman so it should be a blast.

I found out today that we are gonna have a niece!! Rick's sister, Lauren is having a baby girl due January 3. I am soo excited. Their little boy, Will is soo adorable so I know this little girl will be incredibly cute.

Another thing I found out today is that my friend's dad, who was in a terrible motorcycle accident last Friday, is going to pass away today. According to her facebook status, they did a CAT scan and found bleeding in his brain. The doctors said he had less than a 1% chance of waking up. So the family made the decision that they would not let him suffer anymore. I am incredibly saddened and cannot imagine how her family is feeling right now. I just hope that God will give them strength in these next couple of days/weeks.

Sorry to put such a damper on this post, I just feel really sad for her. I really hope that she will be okay. Everyone please say a prayer for her and her family today.




No comments:

Post a Comment