Friday, July 30, 2010

Life is a' Changing!

(Uh, this picture was supposed to go at the bottom of this post, but it will not delete nor cut and paste...)
Anywhoo...
Yet again, I am a bad blogger! I have just been SUPER busy lately and have had no time (plus no internet) to blog! Things have changed soo soo much in the past few weeks. For starters, we have OUR OWN HOME!! It is wonderful and I'm living here until we get married, then Rick will move in. We actually just got internet (thank goodness... I can't really live without it) and cable TV the end of last week. We don't have to do too much work on the house, we are just painting (all the trim was painted the same color as the walls.... eww) and re-modeling the full bathroom. I'm gonna post some pictures so you can see how everything is coming along.

Another thing that has changed in the past week is that we had to put our family dog, Casey, down a week ago (which just happened to be my mom's b-day... sad). She was 13 years old and she just had no more muscle in her back legs and could hardly walk. A week before we put her down, the vet said that on a pain scale of 1 to 10, her pain was a 7. The vet gave her medicine to ease her pain, but then last Tuesday, she fell down the stairs (again) and we just knew that her pain was more than a 7 at that point. We didn't want her to hurt anymore. It has been super tough for my entire family, we loved that dog like crazy. She was basically just another sibling to my brothers and I and another child to my parents. I was a complete wreck on Wednesday and on Thursday. I couldn't be alone without sobbing like crazy. I feel better now, but still find myself crying every now and then. My friend Kaitlyn sent me this poem which made me cry happy tears...

The Rainbow Bridge

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

I'm gonna miss my Casey every day for the rest of my life, but I'm happy that she is not in any pain anymore. She didn't deserve to suffer.




No comments:

Post a Comment