Saturday, May 8, 2010

Couple's Shower and Goodbye

Last night, my friends Chelsi and Jaime had a couples bridal shower. It was definitely not your typical bridal shower! Chels likes to do things very over-the-top, LOL! It was really fun. They had appetizers, cake, drinks, and even dancing! We played two games... one was where the girls choose random words out of a bowl and have to use one in each sentence and write Jaime's "vows" to Chelsi. The boys did the same, only they wrote Chelsi's "vows" to Jaime. It was hilarious! I have to say, the girls vows were a TON better than the guys though! In the second game, there was 3 groups and each group had a bride (I just happened to be the bride for my group). The group that made the best toilet paper wedding ensemble was the winner. My group won! They did a great job, and even made toilet paper bows for me to wear, ha!

Practicing for the real thing, haha!

My favorite girls!

I must have been having a good time, lol

Ricky busting a move

This morning (well, it would be yesterday morning now...), Rick and I roadtripped to Chicago O'Hare Airport so he could jet off to Italy for his study abroad trip. After this trip, he will be OFFICIALLY graduated! We left early and stopped at an outlet mall in Michigan City, Indiana, where I got a beautiful new Coach purse at the Coach outlet, yay! We ate lunch together and then made our way into Chicago. I went into the airport with him to make sure he got all checked in okay. It was really sad saying goodbye... we have never been apart for 2 weeks before! Pathetic, I know! I can't even imagine what it would be like if he was in the military or something! He is going to have such a wonderful time on his trip, I am soo excited to hear all about it. Hopefully we'll be able to get in contact with each other through e-mail and Skype once he gets to Italy (he lands in Madrid in about 3 hours and then hops on another flight to Rome).

Heading to Chicago

Crossing into Indiana from Michigan

Almost there!

Oooo I love Chicago! I wish I could have stayed overnight... or even a few days!

Once I got home from Chicago, I met my friends downtown Grand Rapids to celebrate Chelsi's 22nd birthday. It was fun (my friends are always fun!) and I think she had a good time too! I am going to RELAX tomorrow until I go to work in the afternoon. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Ohhh, and Happy Mother's Day Sheldon!


***UPDATE: Rick made it to Italy! Sadly his luggage did not... He called me about an hour ago. Poor guy had a heck of a time navigating to his plane in Madrid with a very limited amount of time. Then, once he got to Rome he couldn't find the other FSU people so he wandered around until his advisor spotted him and yelled "RICK!". That must have been so stressful, I can't imagine... I don't think he knows any Italian words, lol. Finally, he tried to find the baggage claim and found out that the airline lost his luggage... geez! I hope he can get it back soon, or else he will have to buy a European bathing suit... HA!

Haha, just kidding Ricky!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had so much fun !! Your blog is super cute, I love it :)
    I'm supposed to get married in the winter, too ! (although we haven't set a date, yet ;))

    ReplyDelete