Saturday, May 9, 2009

Race Day


Today I ran the Fifth Third Riverbank 5K Run! I was really proud of myself for running the entire way without walking/stopping for water or anything... b/c usually I do! (I am a super wuss when it comes to exercising!) I didn't get a great time (33:33) but I was happy to finish anyways! 

I decided that I really like running in races too, and I even signed up for another one at the end of June!! It'll keep me motivated throughout the next month and I also fully intend to run the Cherry Festival 5K in Traverse City on July 11th. 

I really enjoyed being in the race with my dad. It gave us a chance to spend some quality time together, even though we didn't stay with each other during the race. (He is way faster than me and his time was 27.15, GO DAD!)

Here are some pictures from our race...

My dad and I before the race

Our Starbucks Team
(Liz, Me, my Dad, Cara, Bill)

3 comments:

  1. Great job Amanda!! It feels good knowing that you followed thru doesn't it. we are proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I want to do a race with you too! Maybe there will be a good one in Cleveland for us to try? Wanna come for a visit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job poopy!

    ReplyDelete