Thursday, April 23, 2009

Running?

I wish soo badly that I was a runner. The truth is, I am NOT a runner. 

I love the way I feel after going for a run, but I cannot make myself get off my butt and go for one lately! It makes me jealous to hear people talk about how fast and how far they can run. I am certainly NOT fast and can only run about 2 miles at a time... SAD. 

Even when I do have about a month's worth of willpower where I can run day after day, I do not see any changes in myself... it doesn't get easier and I do not get skinnier! (Not that I want to lose weight, but it would be nice to see the scale change A LITTLE, in my favor!)

I think I have been the exact same height and weight since middle school. It just gets frustrating feeling out of shape... Everyday I would rather take a nap than do something active. I don't know why I am ALWAYS tired. Last week, I actually slept 16 hours straight (7pm-11am the next day). I really really wish I didn't have this problem and that I could be given the right attitude and willpower to run/exercise instead of sleep all day!! 

So tomorrow I am signing up for the 5k Fifth Third Riverbank Run. I have been planning on it for months now. Maybe once I officially sign up it will make it more real and FORCE me to RUN!!! 

Ughh... sorry for the irritated post!


1 comment: